Norway’s beauty and heavenly vistas make it a popular choice for bike tourists. This natural playground—complete with fjords, islands, glaciers, seacoast and mountains—offers cycle tourists an adrenaline-pumping adventure.
Coastal bike tours explore the islands and fjords and take advantage of ferries to allow visitors to see the fishing villages that dot the coast.
Though visitors often tour rural Norway to witness the glacial landscapes, waterfalls, and incredible mountain peaks, cosmopolitan Oslo draws visitors for vibrant arts, museums and nightlife.
The rolling hills and the endless wheat fields make it an easy ride. I added a few days in Bergen to see that remarkable city and the famous fjords.”
Level of difficulty
Tours using road, hybrid or touring bikes:
- Mostly flat
- Flat with some gentle slopes
- Rolling, hilly terrain
- Some long and/or steep climbs
- Extensive climbing
Tours using mountain bikes:
- Mostly flat, wide trails
- Some gentle slopes, wide trails
- Rolling, hilly terrain and/or narrow trails
- Some long and/or steep climbs and/or technical trails
- Extensive climbing and/or highly technical trails
US$ based on current exchange rate
Mondays: May 27-Sep 9; Sundays: Jun 16-Aug 4, 2019