We seek an energetic team player with sales and service experience (ideally in travel or tourism) to fill an immediate opening for a Tour Advisor.
BikeTours.com represents 70+ European bicycle tour companies and markets more than 200 of their tours to the English-speaking world. Our clients find and book these tours on BikeTours.com, and our Tour Advisor team advises them and helps them plan their dream bike tour. We take care of the complete booking and payment process.
The position is full-time, year-round, and salaried. While most of our team is based near our headquarters in Chattanooga, Tennessee, this is a remote position. In-person, full-staff meetings may be required once each quarter.
Most of your work will be interacting with clients and operators across the globe. Occasional work outside of normal business hours may be necessary due to the global reach of our business, but you’ll typically work 8 a.m.-5 p.m, EST. This position may transition to a Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday schedule following a Monday-Friday training period.
- Respond to inquiries via email, phone, and LiveChat
- Help clients select the most appropriate tours based on their desires and preferences
- Convert inquiring clients into booked clients through consultative, supportive selling
- Manage all stages of the booking process for 700-900 booked clients annually
- Maintain ongoing communication with clients and tour operators during the entire booking and travel process
- Act as an ambassador for our company and an advocate for bike travel in general
To be a viable candidate for this position, you must demonstrate to us that you have
- 2+ years in a phone and email-based sales or customer service role
- A strong, stable broadband internet connection that can handle Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) calls, streaming video, and comparable high-bandwidth applications
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally without restriction, including holding a current passport or the ability to promptly obtain one
- Hold telephone and video calls, as well as record video and audio content, without interruption or distraction from background noise, activity, etc.
- Experience in remote work environments
- The ability to work in the United States without BikeTours.com’s sponsorship
The successful candidate will also have
- Consultative, supportive selling approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Efficient but thorough approach to handling a large and fast-paced workload
- Adaptability in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment
- Ability to quickly learn software systems (such as reservations and client contact management systems)
- Computer skills (basic word processing, spreadsheet, database and web)
- Team player mentality
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Passion for the outdoors and travel, preferably including overseas bicycle travel
- Knowledge of international geography and cultures
- High comfort level with intercultural communication
- Travel experience in Europe
- Travel industry experience with a focus on selling travel to international destinations.
- Foreign language fluency – conversational or better (preferred)
Compensation and benefits
- Salary offered within range of $30,000-$32,000, dependent upon experience
- Group health insurance plan (shared contributions)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Paid time off for community service and outdoor activities
Please send resumes with attached cover letters to [email protected] by July 31st, 2021. Due to the volume of applicants, we regret that we cannot respond to applicants who do not meet the listed position requirements.