We have been on around 8 bike trips and speaking from experience, Tulip Cycling is top notch/one of the best, if not the best. Peter provided all that was needed for an excellent adventure. Peter was friendly, positive, and he was meticulous in ensuring that the cyclists have a positive experience. He takes care of each group of cyclists, on an individual basis, so that each group gets the attention that they need to operate the Garmin device.
* GPS/Garmin navigation, so you can simply rely on the Garmin to direct you. This is very useful, since there are so many opportunities to turn the wrong way in the Netherlands. Using a Garmin made a huge difference.
* Detailed maps in case you get lost (we didn't).
* Ability to contact tour operator any time. Individualized service, including an interview at the end of the trip.
* Bikes were excellent, well maintained, locks worked well, breakdown assistance was available.
* We got really bad colds/bronchitis on day 3 of the trip, and we couldn't bike for the rest of the trip. But the trip wasn't over--we took buses and trains to get to each hotel, which worked out well. Peter brought our bikes to each hotel, in case we might want to use them. Incredible extra service!
* Hotels were excellent, and they were at or near the town centers. This is an important point--many other tour operators book top notch hotels outside of town. Being at the center of town, you can easily explore the town and select a suitable place for dinner. Also, most of the hotels had charm/grandeur and many were high end establishments. They were each unique and were not mainstream establishments.
* This tour is excellent. The tour takes you to small charming villages/cities in the Netherlands, heading north of Amsterdam. This is an excellent tour if you want to avoid large cities and traffic. The charming towns and villages were each unique and there was much to see and explore. A lovely trip, we would highly recommend this tour. The route was flat and landscapes were nice. The route was designed well to avoid traffic.