You’re the newbie!
The one who loves to be active, may or may not be a cyclist, and may or may not have traveled outside your home country (or home county!). But you are ready to try something new. You’re just a little nervous about it!
These favorite tours listed below offer shorter daily distances, flatter terrain, peaceful settings, and mostly follow dedicated bicycle paths or quiet backroads.
Our top recommendations:
- Treasures of the Donegal Coast (Ireland) — The terrain is challenging, but the electric bike option makes this a great tour for nervous novices who want to give it a bit more effort. All as you cycle along one of the world’s most stunning stretches of coastline.
- Innsbruck to Salzburg: Through the Alps Along River Cycle Trails — Its dedicated bike paths, relatively flat terrain, and beautiful region make it the perfect first tour for newbies.
- Wine and Bike in Hungary’s Balaton Uplands — The tour features low mileage, mostly flat terrain, culinary treasures, and unlimited wine!
- Bolzano – Verona – Venice — This tour boasts an easy to manage itinerary, beautiful Italian cities, and another option to have a guide with a group.
- Holland’s Southern Tour Bike and Barge — This leisurely tour features historic towns, picturesque villages, a rural environment abounding with water, dunes and beaches, and wonderfully flat cycling.
- Amsterdam to Bruges by Bike and Boat — This relaxed tour takes you through the region’s most beautiful cities: Amsterdam, Antwerp, Ghent and Bruges, where you still can feel the charm of the days long gone.
Search tours for first-timers