Tap above to jump to different sections of this tour
An island-hopping adventure in Greece by e-bike and boat, exploring the sublime Cyclades and Saronics
The Cyclades and Saronic Islands are a group of over 30 stunning Greek islands in the Aegean Sea, boasting ancient Greek architecture, picturesque towns, and breathtaking beaches. With a sumptuous blend of history and natural beauty, these islands offer an authentic glimpse into Greece's past and present.
An island-hopping tour by e-bike and boat allows visitors to explore the staggering beauty of the Cyclades and Saronics, from the glittering white cube houses to the turquoise ocean. Discover the tranquil coves, beaches and deep valleys of Seriphos, the picturesque pastel houses of the Cyclades, and the sumptuous honey and cheeses of Kythnos. Grand architectural structures ignite the imagination along the way, including the Monastery of Taxiarches and the Temple of Aphaia. These islands are not only the cradle of European civilization, but also a region where visitors can learn of the Greek Liberation Struggle.
An electric bike tour to these enchanting islands promises an unforgettable experience, leaving you with a deep appreciation for their pristine beauty and historical significance.
- Kythnos Island, famous for its honey and cheeses
- Seriphos Island, characterized by coves, beaches, and deep valleys
- Cube houses of Seriphos
- Monastery of Taxiarches
- Picturesque Syros
- Pastel houses of Cyclades
- Kea Island, Korissia, Otzias Beach, and Poros
- The Temple of Aphaia
Interested in adding to your itinerary? Take a look at our cycling day tours in Athens.
Day 1: Arrival in Athens
Arrive in Athens, 'The Glorious City' renowned for being the seat of Ancient Greek civilization and the country's classical capital. Embarkation is from the Marina Zeas/Piraeus for Thalassa. Marina Alimos/Palaia Faliro for Erato at 2:00 pm. Enjoy your first dinner on board and an overnight stay in awe-inspiring Athens.
Day 2: Kythnos Island | Piraeus - Merichas - Chora - Merichas (15 miles/25 km)
Enjoy a serene early morning sail to captivating Kythnos, known since antiquity for its sumptuous honey and cheeses. Your first cycling tour on this Greek island will start from the harbor of Merichas in the direction of the capital - Chora. Situated on a high plateau, Chora is a beautiful town commanding grand views over the sea and coastline. Cycling through Chora's streets is like gliding through an art gallery - the town's alleyways are adorned with intricate floral and geometric decorations that dazzle the eyes and delight the artistic senses. Pedal onwards to discover the dreamy village of Driopida before making your way back to Merichas, where you'll enjoy an evening spent in one of the charming tavernas.
Day 3: Seriphos Island | Livadi - Seriphos - Syros (17 miles/28 km)
Sail to Seriphos in the morning, a lesser-explored island of sensational natural beauty boasting countless coves, bays, and breathtaking beaches. Cycling from the lovely harbor town of Livadi, you'll weave your bicycle along the snaking road to Seriphos, the island's main town. Seriphos is known for its iconic cube houses whose geometric formations glimmer in the Greek sunlight. You'll see these unusual houses all along the mountain ridge overlooking the sea.
Continue biking through untouched island landscapes towards the Monastery of Taxiarches, built in honor of the Archangel Michael. You'll be dazzled by the monastery's pristine white walls, complete with crenellations that give this structure its castle-like appearance. Enjoy panoramic views as you pedal back to Livadi, ready to meet the boat and sail to Syros. Upon arrival on the next island, enjoy a relaxed stroll through the stunning Old Town before winding down at a lovely cafe along the harbor promenade.
Day 4: Syros Island | Ermoupolis - Galissas Beach - Kea (21 miles/34 km)
Today's brilliant biking adventure takes you to Ermoupolis, the capital of the Cyclades. This spectacular town, built on two hills with phenomenal ocean views, is known for its picture-perfect pastel-color houses, a captivating and uplifting spectacle. You'll enjoy the cycle along the beautiful coast of Syros, punctuated by pristine bays and coves, until you reach the breathtaking beach at Galissas. From here, you'll explore the Monastery of Saint Barbara before pedaling back to Ermoupolis. In the afternoon, hop back on board as your boat sails to Kea Island.
Day 5: Kea Island | Korissia - Ioulis - Otzias Beach - Poros (15 miles/25 km)
You'll be captivated by Kea from the moment you disembark in the natural harbor of Korissia. Cycle to the island's capital, Ioulis, before enjoying a spectacular swim off the white sand beach of Otzias. Back at Korissia, board the boat to sail to Poros in the Saronic Gulf where you'll be greeted by the grand sight of Poros' iconic clock tower. Relax in this fabulous town tonight, fully immersed in the idyllic island atmosphere of the Saronics.
Day 6: Poros Island | Zoodochos Pigis Monastery - Russian Bay - Poros - Aegina (14 miles/23 km)
Begin your day with a morning bike tour from Poros to the intriguing Zoodochos Pigis Monastery, dating back to the 18th century. Your route today is almost a complete loop of this spectacular little island, dedicated during ancient times to the sea god Poseidon. Ride to Russian Bay for a blissful swim in the warm azure waters of the Aegean Sea, then pedal back to Poros. Savor a lovely midday meal before your boat sets sail to Aegina.
Day 7: Aegina Island | Temple of Aphaia - Agios Nektarios Church and Monastery - Aegina - Piraeus (22 miles/35 km)
Today's picture-perfect bike tour explores an island famous for its pistachio nuts! On Aegina Island, you'll cycle up to the beautiful Temple of Aphaia, a grand Doric temple reminiscent of the ancient Parthenon. The views from this location are unrivaled - the temple is situated on the only point of the island where the alluring Aegean Sea can be seen on both sides.
As you make your way back to the boat, cycle to the Agios Nektarios Church and Monastery in the middle of the island, a site visited by thousands each year seeking healing and blessings from one of the most widely-known Greek Orthodox saints. Back on board the boat for the last time, cruise back to Piraeus to enjoy a lovely communal dinner with your crew and fellow passengers.
Day 8: Departure from Athens
After breakfast, check out and embark on your individual journey home. If flying out of Athens Airport, ensure your flight departs in the afternoon. Alternatively, enjoy an extended stay in Athens, Santorini, or Mykonos.
Seduced by Santorini, the 'Queen of the Aegian'? Enjoy a 4-day extension, staying in either the Theoxenia Boutique Hotel in Fira or the Ampelonas Aparthotel in Imerovigli, both family-run establishments. Characterized by authentic Cycladic island charm, these very comfortable hotels are also perfectly situated for access to Santorini's best sightseeing spots.
Considered one of the most beautiful Mediterranean islands, Santorini stuns with its white cubic houses sparkling in the sunlight and its captivating cliffs and caldera. As well as the wonderfully distinctive whitewashed towns of Fira and Oia, Santorini offers the archeological site of Akrotiri (known as the 'Pompeii of the Aegean), as well as the romantic Red Beach.
Additionally, choose from 3 one-of-a-kind experiences, one of which is included in the price of your extension:
- Exclusive Sea Kayaking Tour - Paddle your way around the sensational south coast of Santorini, beginning from the archeological site of Akrotiri and ending near the resplendent Red Beach. Enjoy unrivaled views of the island's distinctive rock formations, tantalizing turquoise waters, and breathtaking beaches. There'll be time to immerse yourself in the irresistible ocean as you enjoy a swimming or snorkeling opportunity. Suitable for complete kayaking beginners.
- Sunset Wine Tasting Tour - Sip and sample Santorini's sumptuous wines as the sun bathes the island in a warm, golden glow. On this 4-hour tasting tour, you'll visit four of the island's most distinguished wineries, learning about the island's interesting viticulture heritage as one of the first places to produce wine in the Mediterranean. Venture into the cellars to glimpse where the best wines are aged and bottled, and taste the most celebrated products of each winery. At the end of your final visit, settle down to watch the sun set below the fiery horizon, accompanied by gorgeous wines and cheeses.
- Culinary Caldera Walk - Savor the authentic taste of Santorini on a guided walk during the golden hours, when the sun sets on this sensational island, bathing it in fiery colors. You'll wind your way along picturesque coastal paths following the captivating cliffs of the caldera from Firostefani to Fira. Along the route, you'll sample every manner of luscious local delicacy, savoring mouthwatering desserts at the delicatessen, magical meze, and irresistible island dishes.
Can't decide on just one option? Add an additional activity for the price of 130 Euros per person.
Fancy visiting one of the most famous and photographed islands in Greece? Mesmerizing Mykonos, with its resplendent whitewashed houses, twisting alleyways, and magical beaches, is truly a dream vacation destination. From 'Little Venice' to Windmill Hill, the myriad marinas to the pristine sandy beaches favored by sunbathers and water sports enthusiasts, Mykonos enchants and excites.
Enjoy a 4-day extension, staying in either the 3-star Mykonos View Hotel (or similar) or the 4-star Vencia Boutique Hotel (or similar), both selected for their location in Mykonos Town and for their Cycladic charm. These very comfortable hotels are also perfectly situated just a few minutes walk from the harbor.
Additionally, choose from 3 one-of-a-kind experiences, one of which is included in the price of your extension:
- Kaiki Cruise to Rhenia and Delos - Breathe in the fresh sea air on this 6.5-hour cruise on a gorgeous Greek 'Kaiki' (traditional Aegian fishing boat)! Anchoring in a secluded bay en route, just off the uninhabited island of Rhenia, you'll relish the opportunity to dive into the crystal-clear waters of the azure ocean and swim to your heart's desire before drying off with a barbeque on board. In the afternoon, the cruise will deliver you to the island of Delos, the mythical birthplace of the Greek gods Apollo and Artemis. The island is adorned with ancient Greek sites of interest! With your curiosity satiated, you'll board the boat and cruise back to Mykonos, admiring exquisite views all along the way.
- Jeep Safari with a Farm Visit - Experience Mykonos in a truly authentic way, delving into its traditional architecture and delicacies. On this 4-hour tour, your knowledgeable guide will lead you around picturesque churches, charming villages, magical monasteries, and spellbinding beaches, recounting the island's history along the way. At a traditional farmhouse, you'll be treated to a light lunch of local produce and delicacies for a well-rounded experience of authentic Mykonian life.
- Cooking Course in a Traditional Mykonian House - A full-on flavor extravaganza bringing the mouthwatering cuisine of Mykonos from recipe book to table. Branch out from your usual favorites and learn some truly magical dishes to transform your culinary repertoire! During this 6-hour course, you'll enjoy the atmosphere of cooking in the cozy interior of a traditional home, adding to the authenticity of your experience. Teta, your magnificent hostess, will lovingly introduce you to her recipes for tzatziki and spinach pockets, stuffed peppers and tomatoes, fresh salads, and a showstopping main course. Afterward, everyone will settle around the table and taste the gorgeous food, immersed in the warm atmosphere and company.
Can't decide on just one option? Add an additional activity for the price of 100 Euros per person.
Athens is the seat of Ancient Greek civilization and world-renowned for its unmissable classical architecture, from the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of the Acropolis and Daphni Monastery to the iconic Parthenon. The 'City of Sunlit Splendor' is a haven for history fans, proudly preserving some of the world's most significant landmarks right here in the 'Cradle of Western Civilization'.
Enjoy a 3-day extension in 'The Glorious City', staying in either a 3-star or 4-star hotel centrally located near the Acropolis and Plaka, the spectacular Old Town of Athens, with all major sightseeing spots within walking distance.
Three spellbinding activities are included in your all-encompassing Athens extension:
- Athens Bike Tour - Starting near the Acropolis, this comprehensive sightseeing bike tour takes you through the historic city center of Athens as well as to astonishing lookout points. A knowledgeable guide will regale you with facts and stories as you ride to all of the most important sights, leading you along low-traffic roads. It's an exceptional way to acclimatize to this awe-inspiring city, so we recommend securing a place on the first full day of your extension.
- Visit the Acropolis - You simply cannot visit Athens without visiting the Acropolis! For this precise reason, the entry fee is included in your extension price and is valid for three months, meaning you can visit any time you like. Our recommendation is to soak up the splendor of this UNESCO World Heritage Site in the early morning or late afternoon - this is when the light is at its most spectacular (for excellent photographs) and the crowds are thinnest.
- Dinner at the To Kafenio Taverna - Settle down to a sumptuous authentic Greek dinner served at the delightfully traditional taverna of To Kafenio. Your table will be reserved on an evening of your choice and you'll dine a la carte on the delicacies that most tantalize your taste buds (drinks not included).
Surface and terrain
The tour routes lead you through some hilly, mountainous terrain with some longer climbs. E-bikes are available, and you are also welcome to take breaks and push the bike. The tour takes place on mostly asphalted roads.
How to get there
Tour start and end
Nearest airport: Athens El. Venizelos Airport (ATH)
From Athens Airport, the port of Piraeus (your embarkation point) is only 15 mi/25 km away. Private transfers are available - please enquire.
Per person, double occupancy €2790 Single use cabin (1 person/1 cabin) €3990
Per person, double occupancy €2990 Single use cabin (1 person/1 cabin) €4190
Standard touring bike, 21-speed €80 Electrically assisted bike €225
3-star hotel 4-star hotel Per person, double occupancy €510 €600 Single room (1 person/1 room) €740 €840
Standard room Deluxe room Apr-Jun; Oct Jul-Sep Apr-Jun; Oct Jul-Sep Per person, double occupancy €670 €790 €750 €870 Single room (1 person/1 room) €1090 €1230 €1150 €1320
3-star hotel 4-star hotel Standard room Deluxe room Standard room Deluxe room Per person, double occupancy €690 €810 €1190 €1250 Single room (1 person/1 room) €1050 €1250 €1690 €2050
- 7 nights aboard motorized yacht with crew
- Cabin with private facilities
- 2 days of full-board (all meals) and 5 days of half-board (two meals)
- Bottled mineral water on board and during all activities ashore
- Guided bicycle tours and sightseeing as described in the itinerary
- Overview maps for the daily bike tours on board
- Entrance fee to museums and archeological sites (group visit only)
- Bed linen and towels
- English-speaking tour guide
Bikes available on this tour (not included in tour price, must be reserved at time of booking):
- 21-speed standard touring bike
- Electrically assisted bike* (9-speed CUBE or similar)
*More about electrically-assisted bikes
All above bike rentals will be equipped with the following at no additional charge:
- Ortlieb pannier
Bike protection can be purchased at the time of booking. You can read more about that HERE.
It is required to wear helmets on this tour. In order to guarantee optimum protection, we request that you bring your own helmet and - for your own safety - wear it on all bike tours. A limited number of helmets are available on board to rent, at the time of booking, though it is highly recommended to bring your own helmet.
Please note: Guests are more than welcome to bring their own bike along. However, be aware that we are not insured for the private bikes on board and that all maintenance of private bikes are the responsibility of the owner. Additionally, it is important for us to know if the private bikes are standard models, MTBs or e-bikes. Onboard of our boats we have a weight restriction of 22 kg for all private bikes (excluding batteries) for health and safety reasons. Bikes above this weight will not be accepted on board for daily use!
No reviews to display.