You view cycling as something that complements an extraordinary dinner as much as a fine bottle of wine.
Slow food is as important as slow travel. And you love the guiltless eating that a day of cycling allows!
Our top recommendations:
- Cycling and Cooking in Tuscany– A trip that combines fantastic bicycle routes and cooking lessons, all in Italy’s famous region of Tuscany. After you have worked up an appetite biking through the rolling landscape of Tuscany, you will cook and eat the best food!
- Croatian Vineyards and Villages of Undiscovered Istria – A tour where you’ll pass through a landscape of hills framed by rivers, forests, vineyards and olive groves. Take a break at the winemaker’s and taste indigenous wines such as Malvasia and Teran, treat yourself to tasty delicacies and experience all the charms of Istria.
- Alsace Picture Book: Wine, Food, Culture, and Tradition – A tour in beautiful Alsace, a great wine-making region proud of its identity. Its white wines are delicious accompanied with one of the countless local specialties.
- Strasbourg to Mainz – Enjoy the food and wine of three Regions: Alsace, Baden, and the Palatinate. You’ll enjoy a variety of food and wine against the backdrop of the beautiful and serene Rhine River.
- Wine and Bike in Hungary’s Balaton Uplands – This tour is a combination of bike, wine, culture, rural and eco-tourism, and features wonderful local wines with delicious cuisine.
- A Taste of Italy: Emilia Romagna – You’ll ride through Italy’s premier pasta region. Every meal will include extraordinary local dishes made according to tradition.
On our blog:
- Bike tours for foodies + secret local recipes (shared!)
Let’s be honest. Some of us cycle so we can eat. And eat well. If you’re anything like the BikeTours.com staff, then you probably plan most of your vacations (oh, ok, even your normal days) around meals. Check out some of our favorite tours for foodies. And, we’ve shared some of our local operator’s treasured recipes!