8 hours | 18.64 miles
Tap above to jump to different sections of this tour
A cycling tour to savor, taking in the sights and tastes of Champagne
For a stylish bicycle tour bubbling with surprises, look no further than the Champagne E-Bike Tour with Lunch & Wine Tasting! This guided glide weaves you through the UNESCO World Heritage vineyards of Champagne taking in the Avenue de Champagne, Hautvillers, and Dom Pérignon church, and stopping at Le Clos Corbier for tantalizing wine tastings and a regional lunch.
Your blissful e-bike tour begins with a minibus drive out of scenic Epernay, through the sensational Champagne countryside, and to the charming Le Clos Corbier, an archetypal Champagne house where you can swing yourself over the saddle of your e-bike and prepare for your sightseeing adventure.
Follow your expert guide as they take you off the beaten track to the hidden treasures of the Champagne region, as well as through the verdant UNESCO World Heritage vineyards. Pedal through the picturesque villages of Premier and Grand Cru Champagne, and cycle into the quaint village of Hautvillers, nestled in the vineyard-covered hills. Here, you’ll discover the Dom Pérignon church, also known as Hautvillers Abbey, the burial site of a monk who was instrumental in the creation of the region’s sparkling wine. You’ll receive a guided visit of this charming church, learning all about Pérignon’s role in the region.
From here, your day tour circles back to Le Clos Corbier via the magnificent Marne canal. At the house, you’ll be treated to a visit to the champagne cellars where you’ll sample several sumptuous champagnes. You’ll also be educated about the exclusive production process before sitting down to a luscious lunch of French specialities you’ll be desperate to sink your teeth into - paté en croute, quiche, cheese, lentils, and Reims pink biscuits will be served (or foods adapted to allergies) along with a selection of wines. It’s a tantalizing way to top off your e-bike tour!
Days Start Finish Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday 9:00 am ~5:00 pm
Rate EUR Adult €160 Teen €128
Avenue de Champagne, Hautvillers, Dom Pérignon church, UNESCO World Heritage vines, Champagne tasting at Le Clos Corbier, Regional lunch
- E-bike and helmet rental
- Local English-speaking guide
- Small-group tour (maximum 8 people)
- Reims pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees for visit and lunch at a family domaine, Le Clos Corbier
- 5 tastings
Meeting place & directions
Your e-bike tour can start with a pick-up in Reims, Epernay, or from Mareuil-sur-Ay:
- OPTION PICK-UP 1: Pick-up from Reims, at 9:00am in front of the tourist office of Reims Centre Train Station. If you arrive by train, when you get off the train, go to the REIMS CENTER exit. Meeting your friendly local guide you will depart Reims in the comfort of our upmarket minivan for a drive through the vineyards to Epernay, the capital of Champagne, discovering the beauty of the region as you go.
- OPTION PICK-UP 2: Pick-up from Epernay, at 9:45am at the intersection of Avenue de Champagne and Rue Jean Chandon Moët. Meeting your friendly local guide, the tour begins with a drive along the famous Avenue de Champagne in Epernay, where several prestigious Champagne houses are located.
- OPTION PICK-UP 3: Pick-up from Mareuil-sur-Ay, at 9:45am at Le Clos Corbier, 5 Boulevard Nicolas François Billecart, 51160 Mareuil-sur-Ay (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/XNqePUxfS1WWsGkN8) (Minivan pick-up and drop off not included for departures from Mareuil-sur-Ay)
No reviews to display.