MS Normandie barge
51 cabins / 3 decks
Welcome aboard the MS Normandie! Immediately you’ll notice the cozy and informal ambiance on this vessel. On the upper deck, you will find the comfy lounge area with panoramic views and bar; on the main deck is a spacious restaurant (no direct access from the cabin zone). On deck you’ll find both deck chairs and ordinary chairs and tables which encourage conversation and communal activity in the fresh air.
The interior of the ship is a non-smoking zone; smoking is only allowed on the sun deck.
- Year of construction: 2011
- Renovation: 2020
- Flag: Dutch
- Length: 91.2m / 298ft
- Width: 10.5m / 34ft
- Draught: 1.6m / 5.25ft
- Passengers: 100
- Crew: 19
- Number of cabins: 51
- Wi-Fi: Internet Access very limited due to steel construction; may not be quality and speed that you are accustomed to)*
- Languages on board: English and German
- Payment accepted: Cash, Mastercard, Visa
- Currency on board: Euro
- Saloon, bar, & restaurant
- Sun decks with tables and chairs
- Observation lounge
- live music and a refreshing drinks in the panoramic bar on the upper deck
- Special Diet Requests: The boat is able to accommodate vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free diets with a surcharge. Vegan diets are not possible.
- Water: Water on board is not drinkable.
- No Laundry services on board
- All cabins are equipped with a private ensuite bathroom (sink, shower, toilet), TV, safe, hairdryer, air-conditioning and a panoramic window. The beds can be transformed into sofas during the day.
- As there is limited under bed storage for suitcases, we recommend only 1 suitcase per person.**
- Upper deck
- Lounge area with panoramic views
- Main deck
- Reception desk
- Observation lounge
- 27 cabins
- 25 2-bed cabins (approx 11m²/ 110ft²)- with panoramic windows can be opened in the cabins on the upper deck.
- 2 1-bed (single use) cabins (approx 7m²/ 75ft²)
- Lower deck
- 22 -2-bed cabins (approx 11m²/ 110ft²)
*Please be aware that a cruise ship on the Danube is not only your hotel but also a machine, working with engine power also during the night. Especially crossing locks and bridges — and the preparation work — may cause noise. If you are sensitive please bring your own ear plugs.*
**Please be aware that cabin storage space is limited. We recommend you remember to pack rainwear, bicycle helmet, sunhat, and sneakers.**
MS Normandie barge’s layout