Mare Fan Fryslan
14 cabins / 2 decks
Come sail away on Dutch waters aboard this glorious and extravagant three mast schooner -The Mare fan Fryslân! Originally built in 1960 as a freight ship, this beauty was converted into a passenger ship in 2006 and has become a memorable way for guests to tour the seas.
On the lower deck guest will enjoy an air-conditioned saloon with wooden paneling, which is also used as the restaurant. Next to the saloon is the wheelhouse equipped with bar, music, video equipment, and TV. This room is outfitted with the large, panoramic window, offering breathtaking views over the water.
The teakwood upper deck offers adequate seating, an outdoor bar with a draught beer tap, a grill, and a Jacuzzi- a perfect haven to relax and enjoy. The sail can be operated either by hand or electrically. Come see the majesty for yourself, channel your inner sailor and join us for a trip to remember.
- Year of construction: 1960
- Renovation: 2006
- Flag: Dutch
- Length: 54m / 177ft
- Width: 7.2m / 24ft
- Draft: 1.5m / 4.9ft
- Sail Surface: 650m² / 6996ft²
- Passengers: 27-40
- Crew: 4
- Number of cabins: 14
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary WiFi/WLAN connection available on board while in harbor
- Languages on board: English, German, Dutch
- Payment accepted: Cash ONLY
- Currency on board: Euros
- Jacuzzi and teakwood sundeck
- Air conditioned saloon/restaurant area
- Wheelhouse with well equipped bar, large seating area, and panoramic windows (also fitted with music & video equipment and TV)
- Outside bar with draught beer tap and a grill
- No laundry services on board
- Special Diet Requests: Caters to Gluten, lactose, and vegetarian diets(€ 50 surcharge- to be paid on board.). Vegetarian diets have no surcharge. Vegan diets are not possible.
- Water on board is drinkable
- The interior of the ship is a non-smoking zone; smoking is only allowed on the sun deck.
- All cabins equipped with ensuite bathroom with shower, toilet, and basin (soap and shampoo included), central heating, ventilation and opening portholes (no air conditioning), mini-safe, and hairdryer; 220V sockets
- Upper deck
- Sundeck with Seating
- Wheelhouse with bar
- Outdoor bar, grill, and jacuzzi
- Lower deck
- Air Conditioned saloon/restaurant
- 14 Cabins
- 12 twin/two bed cabins (approx 9m²/ 97ft² ) with two single beds which can be set together
- 1 junior suite (approx 11m² / 118ft²) with two single beds which can be set together and a small sitting area with flat screen TV
- 1 single bed cabin with bunk beds (approx 6m² / 65 ft²) for single use
*In the premium cabin and all the two-bed cabins a Pullman bed/fold-down bed can be arranged if needed.*
**Note: single use of a 2-bed cabin is possible, but costs a higher rate than the single cabin. Please inquire for more details on pricing.**
Mare Fan Fryslan’s layout