Representation by BikeToursDirect:
Information for bicycle tour operators
BikeToursDirect currently represents more than 125 bicycle tour operators in 70 countries worldwide. Here’s some information on how we work and why it can benefit your company.
Please note that we are not currently adding new operators or tours for the 2014 season, but we are accepting information in preparation for the 2015 season.
How we work
We put your tours online on our web site and promote them along with other companies’ tours. There’s no charge for this.
When we receive a booking, it follows this general procedure:
- BikeToursDirect receives booking request from client.
- BikeToursDirect processes request and sends our booking request to you.
- You confirm tour and send invoice to BikeToursDirect.
- BikeToursDirect charges client $200 deposit per person and sends confirmation to client (we hold deposit).
- 60 days before tour start, BikeToursDirect receives final payment from client.
- 30-45 days before tour start, BikeToursDirect sends full payment to you (minus agreed-upon commission).
Our typical commission rate is 20%.
We generally do not organize groups but instead book individual clients, couples and small parties on existing tours or tours with low minimum requirement.
Want to be added to our site?
1. Your first step is to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief background of your company (you need to have been in business for at least two years) and some sample tours (as attachments or links).
2. If we think you're a good match, we will ask you to submit the following for consideration:
- Client recommendations
- Sample tour information
- Sample pre-tour documents
- Sample documents provided to clients at start hotel
- Insurance coverage information (liability and financial insolvency)
- Information on any licenses granted by your country or regional tourism authorities
- Your consumer terms and conditions
- General company background
3. If we accept your company and tours, we'll request detailed information on each tour we'd be helping you sell, your rental bikes and equipment, and your company, as well as photos that can be added to our site.
We hope to hear from you and that we can send clients your way!