Please allow 5-7 business days for the tour operator to confirm. Reservations are subject to available space. Please do not make non-changeable travel plans until you receive our confirmation. Your confirmation will contain a statement reflecting your deposit and the balance due.
After we receive confirmation from the tour operator, we charge your credit card US$200 per person and a non-refundable booking fee of US$30 per person, payable at the time of deposit.
Accepted methods of payment
We accept three methods of payments:
• Credit card (Visa, American Express, Discover, MasterCard)
If you opt to pay by credit card, we charge a non-refundable surcharge of 4% based on the total tour cost. You can avoid this fee by paying by check (if you make final payment by check, you must still pay the initial deposit and booking fee by credit card, but the 4% service fee doesn’t apply). The charge on your credit card will read "BikeToursDirect".
• Personal or bank check or money order
Please make checks payable to “BikeToursDirect LLC” and mail to our office in Chattanooga:
1222 Tremont St.
Chattanooga TN 37405
• Wire transfer
Please advise us if you would prefer to pay by international wire transfer and we'll provide you with our receiving bank account details. There’s an additional $20 charge to offset our bank's fees, and we ask that you add that to your total balance due.
Payment due dates
Should you opt to make your balance payment by check or wire transfer, the due date for your balance payment depends on when your tour is confirmed:
• Confirmation more than 60 calendar days before your tour: Full payment must be received at least 60 days before your tour start date.
• Confirmation from 60 calendar days before your tour until 4 weeks before your tour: Full payment must be received within 1 week of when your tour is confirmed.
• Confirmation from 4 weeks until 2 weeks before your tour: Full payment must be received within 3 calendar days of when your tour is confirmed.
• If your tour is confirmed within 2 weeks of your tour date, full payment (deposit, booking fee, balance payment, credit card service fee) will be processed by credit card upon confirmation of your tour.
If you opt to pay by check or wire transfer, but we don't receive your payment by the above deadlines, we reserve the right to charge your credit card. (If tour operators don't receive full payment by their deadlines, they reserve the right to cancel your reservation and apply cancellation fees.)
All payments must be made in United States dollars.
Calculating final tour price
With few exceptions, rates on this site are in local currencies (primarily euros), which we convert to dollars for your final payment. The exchange rates shown on our site represent the purchase rate for the local currency. Many websites show the mid-point between buy and sell rates for major banks, and rates charged to consumers and small businesses are 3-8% higher. We charge you the lower purchase rates.
Final payment is due in United States dollars based on the value of the United States dollar at the time of payment. If the value of the dollar decreases more than 5% from what you pay us (and what we pay the tour operator), we reserve the right to charge the additional cost (the full difference between what you have paid, and what we pay the tour company) to your credit card. In case of increased value beyond 5%, we’ll refund you the full difference between what you have paid and what we pay the tour company.
Bookings and payments are processed by BikeToursDirect, of Chattanooga, Tennessee. BikeToursDirect is a licensed California Seller of Travel (CST 2120437-50).