The Mare Fan Fryslan was built in 1960 as a freight ship and was then completely renovated in 2006 and has been used since 2007 as a beautiful, almost extravagant, three-mast schooner on Dutch waters at home.
On the lower deck there is an air-conditioned saloon with wooden paneling, which is also used as the restaurant. Next to the saloon is the wheelhouse equipped with bar, music, video equipment, and TV. This room is outfitted with the large, panoramic window, offering breathtaking views over the water.
The wooden upper deck offers adequate seating, an outdoor bar with a draught beer tap, a grill, and a Jacuzzi. The sail can be operated either by hand or electrically. In the harbors there is Wifi/WLAN connection (free of charge) available throughout the whole ship. The interior of the ship is a non-smoking zone; smoking is only allowed on the sun deck.
On the lower deck are 13 comfortable cabins which can accommodate 27–40 guests:
- 12 2-bed cabins (about 108 sq ft/10 sq m) with two low single beds (35 x 78 in/90 x 200 cm)
- 1 premium 2-bed cabin (about 129 sq ft/12 sq m) with a small corner sitting area and a flat-screen TV
- 1 1-bed cabin with bunk beds (about 75 sq ft/7 sq m) for single use
*Note: single use of a 2-bed cabin is possible, but costs a higher rate than the single cabin. Please inquire.
All cabins are equipped with:
- Private facilities with shower, toilet, and sink
- Ventilation system
- In the premium cabin and the 2-bed cabins, there is a third folding bed if needed
Mare Fan Fryslan layout