Welcome aboard the MS Arlene! The comfortable ship provides just the right ambiance to make you feel at ease. You’ll find the tastefully furnished, air-conditioned restaurant on the main deck, and the upper deck holds the lounge and bar area with full, panoramic windows.
The spacious and partly shaded sun deck holds deck chairs and storage for the bicycles. The MS Arlene II was built in 1986 and refurbished over the winters of 2017/18 and 2018/19. The boat is 299 ft long and 34 ft wide.
MS Arlene has 2 decks, the Main deck (lower level) and Upper deck.
The vessel has 50 cabins, which can accommodate 98 passengers. All cabins on the vessel are outside, featuring en-suite facilities and air-conditioning.
The Upper deck features 26 cabins, all with windows that open:
- 8 suites (with French balcony and sliding glass doors; approximately 161 square feet)
- 16 2-bed cabins (with 2 separate low beds; approximately 108 square feet)*
- 2 single cabins (approximately 86 square feet)
*Note: Upper deck pricing is based on 2-bed cabins at the rear of the ship. In these cabins you will have perceptible engine and generator noise. You may choose to upgrade to a mid-ship cabin for a surcharge.
The Main deck features 24 cabins, all with windows with an opening ventilation flap:
- 24 2-bed cabins (approximately 108 square feet)
All cabins are equipped with:
- 2 lower beds (1-bed cabins only have 1 low bed); the suites feature 2 twin beds, positioned next to each other
- Private bathroom including shower and toilet
- Hair dryer
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
Please be aware that cabin storage space is limited. We recommend you remember to pack rainwear, bicycle helmet, sunhat, and sneakers.
MS Arlene II layout
Please be aware that a cruise ship on the Danube is not only your hotel but also a machine, working with engine power also during the night. Especially crossing locks and bridges — and the preparation work — may cause noise. If you are sensitive please bring your own ear plugs.