Bike and boat tours
Providing unbeatable scenery on land and water, bike and boat tours have become a popular choice for couples, families and groups of friends looking for unique vacation options in Europe and beyond. BikeToursDirect will expand its bike and boat tour offerings to more than 60 tours in 16 countries during the 2012 season to accommodate growing demand for this unique travel experience.
The actual cycling portion of bike and boat tours is very similar to land-based tours, riding through beautiful landscapes and stopping to see the sights during the day. But instead of retiring to a new hotel each evening, you'll meet up with your "floating hotel" and continue enjoying the changing scenery from the boat deck.
Bike and boat tours have become increasingly popular, especially for cycle tourists and families who enjoy the option of rest days and experiencing the ambiance of the boat. Travelers who aren't up for cycling each day can participate in a side excursion or choose to enjoy scenery from the deck of the boat. It really is the best of both worlds—and the local cuisine available on board is an added bonus.
BikeToursDirect offers bike and boat tours in 14 countries in Europe and Asia, and each tour presents a unique boat experience, ranging from small vessels holding fewer than 25 people (barges, schooners, yachts or converted fishing boats) to small passenger boats holding up to 150 people.
Rest and relaxation
For many, being on a small boat is the biggest appeal of a bike and boat tour because, unlike large cruise ships, they don't have to worry about crowds or making a connection. Cycle tourists also enjoy meeting people from several countries and seeing a variety of landscapes and places: countryside, islands, mountains, villages and towns. Clients also enjoy the camaraderie they develop with the boat crew and other passengers, and they also enjoy having a "floating hotel" to return to each evening. And you don’t have to pack and unpack every day!
Another big draw to these tours is the price: more than half of the bike and boat tours offered by BikeToursDirect are under $1,200 (with most being one-week, nearly all-inclusive tours).
Plenty of choices
A few of the most popular bike and boat tour destinations include:
- Loire Valley (France), which spotlights the most peaceful part of the Loire Valley, passing through vineyards, chateaux, quiet villages and medieval towns.
- Venice to Mantua (Italy), which winds along the Mincio and Po rivers through rural, pristine areas of the Italian countryside, ending in the Venetian Lagoon with a full day to explore Venice.
- Holland, Northern Tour, which follows the North Sea coast and several canals through marshland, picturesque villages and historic harbor towns.
- National Parks of Dalmatia (Croatia), which highlights romantic ruins, charming hills, countless natural phenomena, two national parks and the islands of Central Dalmatia.
- Danube Bike Path (Germany and Austria), which runs along well-signed, dedicated, nearly flat bike paths through vineyards and medieval towns, taking travelers from Passau, Germany, to Vienna.
Find your bike and boat tour
We offer more than 50 bike and boat tours in 14 countries. Search all bike and boat tours now >