|Type of tour:||Self-guided|
|Distance:||28 Miles/day average|
|Dates:||Fridays: May 9-Sep 20, 2014|
|Start city:||St. Moritz, Switzerland|
|End city:||Innsbruck, Austria|
An artist, equipped with canvas, paint and brushes, would need weeks to paint all you'll see on this tour from St. Moritz to Innsbruck. The Inn Bicycle path passes through countless memorable landscapes, including the wide Hochtal Valley of the Oberengadin that merges into the big forests of the Swiss National Park. Suddenly the scenery changes as cyclists approach the Austrian Bundesland Tyrol, famous for its warm welcome and hospitality.
Enjoy the charm of the small villages in the Engadin Valley such as Zernez, Sucol and Imst. Admire the region's history at the Tarasp Castle, San Luzi Church and Zams Monastery. The bike tour ends in the Olympic city of Innsbruck, certainly one of the highlights of the Inn bicycle path.
Learn more about self-guided tours.
Day 1: St. Moritz
Make your way to St. Moritz.
Overnight in St. Moritz
Day 2: Loop tour around St. Moritz (24 mi/40 km)
Enjoy the fascinating landscape surrounding St. Moritz. Embark on a boat ride on the lake and then bike in the direction of the source of the Inn River.
Overnight in St. Mortiz
Day 3: St. Moritz - Zernez (22 mi/35 km)
Today's route cycles through Samedan, with an Old Tower, La Punt, with the San-Andrea Church and frescoes, and Zuoz, with the window paintings in the San Luzi Church. You then cycle through the high valley of the Oberengadin on the way to Zernez, the gate to the National Park.
Overnight in Zernez
Day 4: Zernez - Scuol (22 mi/35 km)
The first stop on today's tour is Lavin, which preserves the character of an old mountain village. From Lavin you cycle to the village of Guarda, whose name translates as "Look", due to its beautiful views. The aim of today’s stage is Scuol with Bogn Engiadina, an adventure water park, and Tarasp Castle, the majestic landmark of the Engadin.
Overnight in Scuol
Day 5: Scuol - Ried (34 mi/55 km)
From Scuol you pass over Martina until you reach the border, continuing past Pfunds and Tösens on the way to Ried. The route follows the Inn River. Highlights of the day include the Finstermünzer Schlucht Gorge and the town centers of Stuben and Pfunds/Tirol.
Overnight in Ried
Day 6: Ried - Imst (25 mi/40 km)
Through the Obere Gericht (Upper Court) Valley, the route leaves Ried and heads over Prutz. The next stop is Landeck, featuring a castle with musuem, Schrofenstein ruins and Gerberbrücke, a showplace of the Tyrolean struggles for freedom. Past the Zams Monastery and through Milser Au, you continue to the days final stop, Imst. Imst is known as the town of wells, but has plenty of churches and chapels worth visiting. Make sure to visit the Rosengartenschlucht Rose Garden Gorge.
Overnight in Imst
Day 7: Imst - Innsbruck (41 mi/65 km)
There are numerous small villages along today's tour of the Inn bike path. A cultural highlight of today’s stage is the Zisterzienserstrift Stams, a collegiate church with rose grids. Other highlights include small churches and ruins along the ascents of the Inn Valley. Along the Martinswand, the tour reaches Innsbruck with such sights as an old town, Goldenes Dachl and town tower. The bikes must be returned at the end of today's ride.
Overnight in Innsbruck
Day 8: Innsbruck
Today you can spend some time touring the Olympic city of Innsbruck and enjoying its countless places of interest before heading home.
We now have 2015 information for some tours. Please contact us to inquire if you don't see 2015 dates and prices here.
Fridays: May 9-Sep 20, 2014
|Low season:||May 9-Jun 7; Aug 31-Sep 20, 2014|
|High season:||Jun 8-Aug 30, 2014|
These are sample hotels and may vary based on availability.
Day 1 and 2: Hotel Soldanella, St. Moritz
Day 3: Hotel Spol, Zernez
Day 4: Hotel Bellaval, Scuol
Day 5: Hotel Post Prutz, Ried/Prutz
Day 6: Zum Hirschen, Imst
Day 7: Austria Trend Hotel Congress, Innsbruck
Interested in visiting other areas before or after your tour? Visit our hotels page to learn more about lodging options.
Bikes available to be rented on this tour (reserved in advance at time of booking):
The bikes will have FLAT pedals. If you want to bring your own pedals, please bring your own shoes and also the necessary equipment to change the pedals.
If you plan to bring your own seat, please ensure that it has a universal seat post.
Helmets are NOT available to rent on this tour; however, you may purchase a helmet. We recommend that you bring or buy your own helmet for safety and hygiene purposes.
On this tour, you ride on bike paths, with some forest and gravel paths, which are in good condition. The route includes some gentle, rolling hills, with two to three moderate ascents and many smooth descents.
This tour is moderately challenging and is recommended for cyclists in good physical condition.
Tour Start and End
Nearest airport: Innsbruck (INN), Austria
Nearest train station: Innsbruck, Austria
At tour start, you may arrive directly to St. Moritz or transfer via bus from Innsbruck.
At tour end, every Friday at 2:00 pm there is a bus transfer from Innsbruck to St. Moritz. It costs €65 per person (including bike), payable when you arrive. Reservations are necessary (please indicate at time of booking that you'll require this transfer).
Tips on getting to and from your tour
Weatherspark.com offers information on average weather conditions at most destinations throughout the globe. Type a destination in the search box, and select "Averages," and you'll find a range of information such as average high and low temperatures, precipitation, cloudy days, humidity and wind speed/direction.
Of course, if your tour is coming up in the next week, you can also select "Forecast" to get the most current information on upcoming conditions.
For such a small country, the incredible variety of Swiss landscapes and cultures is awe-inspiring. The country has four official languages (German, French, Italian, and Romansch), with distinct regions for each language. The German-speaking portion is the largest and encompasses the capital of Bern, financial center Zurich, and many of the famed ski resort areas like Zermatt and Grindelwald.
Traveling across Switzerland, you’ll cross the "Roesti Graben" (literally - "hash-brown ditch"). It’s the imaginary, but very distinct, border between the German- and French-speaking areas. The French-speaking region is home to Geneva and Lausanne, with stunning landscapes along Lake Geneva. Lugano anchors the small Italian-speaking portion of Switzerland, known as the Swiss Riviera with its palm trees and mountain vistas alike. Romansch, a nearly-extinct derivative of Latin, is spoken only in a tiny valley in the Swiss Alps. But Switzerland is fiercely protective of its heritage and varied influences, so it's still counted among the official languages of the country. Across all of the varied landscapes and languages, there remains a distinctly Swiss flavor that sets it apart from its same-language neighbors.
Eurofun Touristik, also known as Eurobike, was founded in 1993. The company stands for long-term experience in tourism, specializing in cycle holidays. The company has continued to expand over the years, adding "Rückenwind Reisen” in Oldenburg/Germany to the Eurofun group in 2002 and "Eurohike" was founded to service the growing demand for hiking holidays in 2004.
Eurofun's strenths include professional and meticulously researched routes, modern and regularly maintained bicycles, tour guides who know the country accompanying group tours and very detailed travel documentation for individual tours. Along with these aspects, Eurofun offers excellent working support service, luggage transfer and accommodation in hotels with a comfortable ambience and cozy atmosphere.
I. Cancellation through the customer/substitute participant/change in booking
1. The Customer may withdraw from the agreement at any time prior to the start of travel. We recommend that the Customer communicate his or her cancellation in writing. In the event of a cancellation or no-show, we shall be entitled to charge the following fees (percentages refer to the price of travel):
In each case a cancellation insurance is recommendable. We recommend a travel withdrawal insurance, please note that the insurance doesn't work for travel expenses. For that case you shall take an additional insurance.
For bike and boat tours offered through EUROFUN, the following cancellation penalties apply:
2. Each registered travel participant may allow a third-party to take his or her place if he or she notifies us thereof in writing up to three days prior to the start of travel. EUROBIKE may refuse the third party's participation for good cause. The conditions of cancellation above shall apply. If a substitute person takes the registered participant's place, this shall not affect the original contract. We shall be entitled to charge € 50,- for change fees.
3. Changes to the booking in terms of number or types of rooms, hotel category and type of board shall, providing such is possible in the hotels and there is sufficient capacity available, is basically possible up to 14 days prior to the start of travel. Nonetheless, we will however have to charge you for the time and effort involved. For each change, we shall charge you € 50,-.
II. Signing the travel agreement
1. By registering, the Customer undertakes to enter into a travel agreement with EUROFUN TOURISTIK GMBH (hereinafter referred to as EUROBIKE). Registration shall take place in writing on the form designated for this purpose. A telephonic, oral or other form of registration with us or one of our partner agencies shall be equally binding. Registration shall be carried out by the registering party for all co-named participants. The registering party firmly agrees to these conditions of travel, including on behalf of and for the co-named participants.
2. The agreement shall come into being upon acceptance by EUROBIKE or its partner agencies upon sending the booking confirmation.
3. Subsidiary agreements and amendments to the concluded travel agreement shall require our written confirmation.
1. With regard to the scope of the contractual services, the descriptions of service provided in the current EUROBIKE catalogue shall be authoritative, but not however any differing statements or promises by intermediary travel agencies, town or hotel brochures or other third parties. The stopover locations are the most frequent and main stopover destinations on the cycling tours.
Under certain circumstances, we must require your consent to be placed in towns in the immediate vicinity without any deductions.
2. The price of travel listed is per person based on occupancy in a double bed room. If available, a single bed room can be booked for a surcharge. In some hotels however there are only a limited number of single bed rooms meaning that you may if necessary have to make due with a simpler room or, under certain circumstances, have to go to another hotel or private bed and breakfast. If, exceptionally, no single bed room can be made available, you will have to share a room in a two bed room. In this case you will of course receive a prorated refund.
3. For families, we grant the following discounts off the basic price and extra nights as a third person in a double room with two full paying guests: 0 to 5.99 years old: 100% (any costs incurred shall be paid on site), 6 to 11.99 years old: 50%, 12 to 14.99 years old: 25%, age 15 and up: 10%
V. Liability and restriction of liability
1. EUROBIKE shall be responsible for making pre-travel preparations, careful selection and monitoring of the service providers as well as for the accuracy of the descriptions of service valid for the period of travel at the time our catalogue is printed.
2. Travellers shall take part in our cycling journeys at their own risk. Minors may only participate in a journey when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
3. Every travel participant shall be responsible for ensuring that his or her health is suitable for the requirements of travel.
4. In addition, every travel participant shall be responsible for the observance of traffic regulations.
5. The conditions of carriage of the particular transport companies shall apply to all means of transport (bus, boat, airplane, etc.).
6. If, due to reasons beyond our control (adaptations, renovations, etc.) a scheduled tour cannot take place, we cannot assume any liability.
7. In the event of damage caused solely by one of the service providers selected by us or which is not due to premeditation or gross negligence on our part, then our liability shall be limited, regardless of the legal basis, to three times the price of the journey.
8. In the event of loss or damage to travel luggage, we shall only be liable if the loss or damages is caused by us and is communicated to us immediately after the occurrence. In this event, we shall only be liable for up to a max. of EUR 200.00 per person. We assume no liability for: items which are not usually transported in travel luggage, means of payment of any sort, for visual damage and damage to handles and wheels or damages to pieces of luggage weighing more than a total of 20 kg. We recommend that you take out a travel security package to cover these risks.
Transportation of customer bicycles before, during and after our cycling journeys is possible at the Đustoŵer’s oǁŶ risk oŶly. The settiŶgs of our ĐyĐle Đarriers are fitted to our reŶtal ďiĐyĐles, therefore minor damages (e.g. scratches to the paintwork) can occur. Consequently, we cannot be made liable for damages originating from transportation. Above mentioned limitation of liability is also applicable for partner tours and transportation via third parties.
9. If a journey is cancelled due to reasons beyond our control (strike, natural disaster, etc.) or if the minimum number of participants of guided group tours (8 people) and bike & boat tours (15 people or as listed in the offers) is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the journey up to 25 days before the planned travel date. In this event you shall be notified without delay and will be refunded any amounts already paid to us. You shall not be entitled to any compensation beyond this.
1. Remedies: If the travel service cannot be performed as specified in the agreement, the Customer can demand redress. What is contractually specified shall be based on the one hand on the description of service and on the other on what is customary in the destination country. EUROBIKE can refuse a remedy if it requires disproportional costs and efforts but shall also be entitled to provide a remedy in the form of services of equal or greater value. Substitute services can only be refused by the Customer for a significant, objectively identifiable reason. The demand for a remedy shall be communicated directly to us or to the guide. The guide shall have no authority to recognise claims.
2. Travel Price Reduction: The Customer may, after returning from the journey, request a reasonable reduction in the price of travel (discount) for the duration of the contractually non-contractually compliant portion of the journey until a remedy is provided by EUROBIKE. The reduction shall not apply if and to the extent that the traveller, through his or her fault, fails to communicate the deficiency to the parties listed in Item VI (1) in a timely manner so as to enable them to provide a remedy.
3. Any claims must be lodged with us no later than one month after the contractually scheduled end of travel.
VII. Cooperation Obligation
1. If the traveller does not receive the travel documents in a timely manner, he or she must inform EUROBIKE without delay.
2. The traveller is required, in the event of any issues disrupting the provision of the services as described in the agreement, to take all reasonable steps to contribute to remedying the disruption any to minimise or avoid any damage. The Customer is, in particular, required to lodge his or her complaints without delay to the parties named in VI (1). These parties shall be in charge of providing a remedy if such is possible. If the Customer fails, through his or her fault, to communicate a deficiency, than he or she shall have no claim to a reduction in price.
1. The Customer shall be responsible for complying with all passport, visa, customs and health regulations.
2. We must reserve the right to make changes to prices and services and to correct any mistakes and typographical errors.
3. The invalidity of individual provisions in the travel agreement shall not invalidate the rest of the agreement.
IX. Legal domicile/applicable law
1. The agreement is governed by Austrian Law.
2. The Customer may only bring legal action against EUROBIKE at its registered place of business.
3. The Customer's place of residence shall be authoritative for actions by the travel against the customer unless the action is directed against general merchants or persons without a general place of jurisdiction in Austria. In this case, the registered office of the tour operator shall be authoritative.
For all journeys designated as original tours, a member of the EUROFUN-group (Eurobike, Eurotrek, Rückenwind, SE-Tours, Espace Randonnée, Radreisefreunde) is the operator. For all other tours, EUROBIKE – EUROFUN TOURISTIK is the travel booking agent.
Subject to changes to the offering and mistakes, typographical errors and calculation errors.
Insurance of customer funds
Pursuant to the Travel Agency Guarantee Decree [Reisebürosicherungsverordnung (RSV)] for all-inclusive journeys offered by EUROBIKE - EUROFUN TOURISTIK GMBH (registration number 1999/0035 in the Directory of Tour Operators of the Federal Ministry of Economics, Family and Youth, customer funds are secured subject to the following conditions: any payments exceeding those indicated in Item II or previously paid down payments and payments of balances owing may not be demanded nor are they secured.
The guarantor or insurer is Volksbank Braunau, 5280 Braunau (bank guarantee no. 5746). Filing of any claims must be done with the liquidator (Europäische Reiseversicherung AG, Kratochwjlestestraße 4, 1220 Vienna, Tel. no. +43(1) 317 25 00, Fax. no. +43(1) 319 93 67) within 8 weeks insolvency being declared.
Applications for refunds must be submitted, duly documented within 8 weeks of the claim arising. You shall receive a corresponding insurance certificate along with your booking confirmation.