|Type of tour:||Self-guided|
|Distance:||31 Miles/day average|
|Dates:||Fridays: Apr 4-Jun 20; Sep 5-Oct 17, 2014|
|Start city:||Puig de Ros, Spain|
|End city:||Puig de Ros, Spain|
It still exists, the other Majorca: picturesque, tranquil bays with turquoise-blue water and fine, white sand; A festival of colours, shapes, and the scents of flowering meadows among countless almond trees; Monasteries and pilgrimage churches; Castles, mysterious flowstone caves, and romantic country houses in the sun – jewels in the unspoiled hinterland far away from the tourist crowds.
The plains and gently rolling hills of the interior of the island and its east coast offer a great climate and are ideal for biking tours. On your way, you will cycle past small sandy bays and cliffs overgrown by pine trees as well as past wind mills, olive groves, and almond trees.
Learn more about self-guided tours.
Please note that you cycle the same stages from Hotel Las Arenas and Ola Hotel Maioris. The hotels are about 6 miles (10 km) away from each other. The distance details in the daily program refer to Old Hotel Maioris.
Day 1: Individual arrival to Puig d'en Ros/Can Pastilla
Today, you should enjoy the beautiful pool area at the Ola Hotel Maioris. You can also take a short walk from Puig d’en Ros to the impressive cliffs. For those staying at the hotels at the Playa de Palma, we recommend taking a stroll along the beach promenade.
Day 2: Colonia Sant Jordi (31 miles/50 km)
In the morning, the tour begins with a personal welcome, briefing and distribution of rental bikes. Afterwards you will be transferred by bus to Colonia Sant Jordi's sandy beaches and crystal clear water. Your first bike route passes through saline fields, the salt Lakes of Llevant and typical wind mills on the way to Capocorp Vell, the Realm of the Cyclops (remnants of the native inhabitant dwellings). There is only a short return ride to the hotel.
Day 3: Sineu, the island midpoint (28 miles/45 km)
The morning starts with a bus ride to Sineu. This small town is the geographic midpoint of the Island and well-known for the golden lion that sits on the stairs of the church. You cycle back to the hotel on beautiful paths through untouched nature and little villages (always slightly downhill).
Day 4: Llucmajor and Randa Mountain (34-47 miles/55-75 km)
Today's bike tour goes to Cap Blanc, where you have a really beautiful view of the sea. Following bike paths your cycle tour continues before stopping for a rest in Llucmajor's Café Colon that has been open since 1928. Llucmajor is also well-known for its shoe manufacturing. If you want an additional, fairly strenuous, 13 miles (20 km), you can bike to the top of Randa Mountain.
Day 5: Inca (38 miles/60 km)
In the morning the bus takes you to Inca, a city known for its leather manufacturing. After visiting some of the city's shops, the day's bike ride begins. Full of extremes, you begin by cycling through idyllic countryside and cozy little villages. As soon as you reach the coast, the island comes alive. From the coast the tour travels along the Playa back to the hotel.
Day 6: Tramuntana Mountains and Sóller (12 miles/20 km)
Today begins with a bus transfer to the Sierra Mountains and Lluc Monastery, where you can spend some time sightseeing and admiring the panoramic view from 3,900 feet (1,200 m) above sea level. You then cycle through orange and lemon plantations to Porto Soller via Fornalutx, the most beautiful village in Spain (excellent Paella lunch included).
Day 7: Palma (28 miles/45 km)
The final day of the tour follows cycle paths along the coast to Palma, Majorca's capital city, via the Playa. Once in Palma, you join a guided city tour through its lovely old city and cathedral. Cycling along the coast you return to the hotel.
Day 8: Individual departure
Fridays: Apr 4-Jun 20; Sep 5-Oct 17, 2014
|Low season:||Apr 4-Apr 18, 2014|
|Shoulder season:||Apr 19-May 23; Oct 3-Oct 17, 2014|
|High season:||May 24-Jun 20; Sep 12-Oct 2, 2014|
|Hotel El Cid/Marina Luz|
|4-star hotel in Playa de Palma. Fridays, Apr 4-Jun 20; Sep 12-Oct 17, 2014|
|Ola Hotel Maioris|
|4-star hotel in Puig d'en Ros. Fridays, May 2-Jun 20; Sep 5-Oct 10, 2014|
Additional Services at Old Hotel Maioris:
Ola Hotel Maioris, Puig de Ros
Dates for Ola Hotel Maioris: Fridays, May 2-Jun 20; Sep 5-Oct 10, 2014
This comfortable 4-star hotel is located in Puig de Ros at the southern coast of the island. It is just 3 miles (5 km) away from the lively Playa de Palma, despite the hotel's quiet and tranquil atmosphere. If you want to go to the Playa there is a courtesy hotel shuttle service, while the shops in the village are within walking distance. Generously equipped rooms include a balcony, bathroom, air-conditioning, television and telephone. Two swimming pools, a whirlpool, sauna and fitness-room are available for guests, while a tennis court, mini golf and sports field make sure guests are never bored during their stay.
All inclusive: The all inclusive package includes breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurant, with a wide range of options at the buffet. Non-alcoholic and national alcohol beverages are also included from 10:30 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. Futhermore there is a daily buffet with snacks offered in between meals.
Dates for Hotel Marina Luz/THB Hotel El Cid: Fridays, Apr 4-Jun 20; Sep 12-Oct 17, 2014
These two 4-star hotels are just a few steps from the sandy beach of Playa de Plama in the district Can Pastilla. Bars, restaurants, and shops are located close to the hotels. Also, the capital city Palma is not far from your accommodations! Both hotels have a nice outdoor area with swimming pool and sun terrace. The rooms are all equipped with every comfort for your stay and you can choose your included half-board meals from the rich hotel buffet!
NOTE: pre-selection of hotels is not possible – the hotels are booked according to availability!
Interested in visiting other areas before or after your tour? Visit our hotels page to learn more about lodging options.
Bikes available to be rented (in advance at the time of booking) include:
All above bike rentals will be equipped with the following at no additional charge:
The bikes will have FLAT pedals. If you want to bring your own pedals, please bring your own shoes and also the necessary equipment to change the pedals. Toe cages are not available to rent.
If you plan to bring your own seat, please make sure it will be compatible with a 27.2 to 31.4 mm seat post. If necessary, you may also need to bring your own adapter. The tour company will assist in switching the seat post for you.
Helmets are NOT included with the bike rentals. You can buy a helmet (not rent) from the tour company for 35 Euros. It will be a high quality, brand new UVEX I-VO helmet. You must let us know your helmet preference upon booking*. If you do not buy a helmet through the tour company, we recommend you bring your own well-fitted helmet
*Please note that helmets must be purchased at the time of booking, and in the case of short time frame bookings, they may not be available to be purchased.
Additional specifications on the Hybrid touring bikes:
Additional specifications on the Electrically assisted bikes:
A Pedelec is an electrically assisted bike which assists you only when pedaling. You can turn the motor on/off, and also increase the amount of assistance you would like depending on the terrain. The motor is fixed in the bottom bracket of the bike, right in front of the rear tire, and can assist you up to a speed of 15 miles/hour (25 km/hr). The supply of energy comes from a removable battery, which can last for up to 50 miles (80 kms). An additional battery is provided too, just to make sure that you always have power (you can charge batteries each night at the hotels). The weight of the e-bike is approximately 50 pounds (23 kgs). It has an illuminated LCD display, cycle computer, and wattage display.
The daily stages average around 31 miles (50 km) and are manageable for all levels of cyclists. There are just a few smaller hills, which have to be managed. Predomiantly you cycle on asphalted roads. Each stage can be shortened or extended individually. The tour course is subject to changes.
Please note that you cycle the same stages from Hotel Las Arenas and Ola Hotel Maioris. The hotels are about 6 miles (10 km) away from each other. The distance details in the daily program refer to Old Hotel Maioris.
This tour is ideal for cyclists in average physical condition.
Weatherspark.com offers information on average weather conditions at most destinations throughout the globe. Type a destination in the search box, and select "Averages," and you'll find a range of information such as average high and low temperatures, precipitation, cloudy days, humidity and wind speed/direction.
Of course, if your tour is coming up in the next week, you can also select "Forecast" to get the most current information on upcoming conditions.
With more than 50 million tourists visiting each year, Spain is the second most toured country in the world. Sitting on the Iberian Peninsula in southwestern Europe, Spain is known for its miles of beautiful Mediterranean coastline ranging from the rocky Costa Brava to the white sand of Costa Blanca and Balearic Islands off the coast. Spain’s culture thrives in its urban centers of Madrid, the capital, Barcelona and Seville. The countries history is exhibited in countless monuments, ruins, castles and cathedrals, contributing to Spain's ranking as the second country with the most UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Amazing renowned wines from La Rioja, olive oils from Baena, paella rice from Levanta, Crema Catalana liqueur from Catalonia and more than one hundred varieties of cheese define Spain’s mouth-watering Mediterranean cuisine.
Eurofun Touristik, also known as Eurobike, was founded in 1993. The company stands for long-term experience in tourism, specializing in cycle holidays. The company has continued to expand over the years, adding "Rückenwind Reisen” in Oldenburg/Germany to the Eurofun group in 2002 and "Eurohike" was founded to service the growing demand for hiking holidays in 2004.
Eurofun's strenths include professional and meticulously researched routes, modern and regularly maintained bicycles, tour guides who know the country accompanying group tours and very detailed travel documentation for individual tours. Along with these aspects, Eurofun offers excellent working support service, luggage transfer and accommodation in hotels with a comfortable ambience and cozy atmosphere.
I. Cancellation through the customer/substitute participant/change in booking
1. The customer can withdraw from the agreement at any time. We suggest to declare the withdrawal in writing. In case of withdrawal or non-participation without a previous withdrawal declaration we are authorised to charge the following cancellation fees:
In each case a cancellation insurance is recommendable.
For bike and boat tours offered through EUROFUN, the following cancellation penalties apply:
2. Every registered trip participant can let a third party take his place, if we are informed up to three days before the beginning of the journey. EUROFUN can oppose the participation of a third party because of important reasons. The following withdrawal conditions are effective in such a situation. If a third party takes the place of the registered participant, the original contract is not affected. We are authorised to charge € 50,-- for the change in booking.
3. Changes with regard to number of participants, number or type of rooms, hotel category or catering are basically possible up to 14 days before the beginning of the journey. However, we will have to charge you an alteration fee for the arising expenses. We will charge € 50,-- for each change in booking.
II. Signing the travel agreement
1. When booking a journey the customer offers EUROBIKE - EUROFUN TOURISTIK GMBH (EUROFUN) the conclusion of a binding travel agreement. The registration takes place in writing and on the intended form whether ours or that of one of our partner offices. Any other form of registration, whether on the phone, oral, or written with us or one of our partner offices is also binding. The registration is made by the customer also for all the other named participants. The customer accepts the binding conditions of travel at issue - also in the name and in the behalf of the named participants.
2. The agreement is reached when EUROFUN or one of its partner offices accepts the booking and sends you a booking confirmation.
3. Collateral agreements and changes of the signed travel agreement need to be confirmed by us in writing.
When the booking confirmation reaches you, a first payment of € 100,-- should be made. 28 days before the beginning of the trip at the latest the payment of the rest of the travel price is due. Bank accounts in Austria, Germany, Switzerland and Italy are at your disposal for the deposit. Please note that the invoice total should be credited to our account; possible costs of the payments should be debited to the account of the trip participant! The travel material will be sent to you after the deposit is received, or latest two weeks before the beginning of the journey. Bank accounts: Volksbank Braunau, bank code: 42550, account number: 380 7864 0000 Sparkasse Ried, bank code: 20333, account number: 0000-000711 Hypo-Vereinsbank Simbach, bank code: 743 200 73, account number: 6070 220 510 Volksbank Bodensee AG St. Margarethen, account number: 16.100.373.09 Südtiroler Sparkasse Cassa di Risparmino di Bolzano, account number: 2081-5801, bank code: 0604511688
1. The service descriptions in the at the time of the journey current EUROFUN-catalogue cover the range of our contractual services. Differing declarations or pledges from mediating travel agents, town or hotel brochures or other third parties are not relevant. The indicated towns of each stage are usually and mainly the destinations of the stage. In some cases we have to assume your consent to take into account other towns in the near surroundings without deduction.
2. The trip price is based on one person in a double room. A single room can be booked - if available - for an extra charge. In some hotels, however, the number of available single rooms is limited, so that you might have to do at a pinch with a little bit simpler accommodation or be possibly accommodated in another hotel or private guest house. If, by way of exception, a single room cannot be made available, you will have to share a double room with one of the other participants. In such a case, of course, the extra price you have been charge will be proportionately refunded.
3. Children up to the age of 14 will receive a 25% discount on the travel price, if they sleep in the room of two full price payers (with an additional bed).
V. Liability and restriction of liability
1. EUROBIKE EUROFUN TOURISTIK GMBH is liable in the scope of the obligation to exercise diligence of an ordinary trader for the conscientious preparation of the journey, the careful choice and monitoring of the services and the correctness of the for the time of the trip, valid at the time of the publication of our catalogue, description of the services.
2. Participation in a bike tour is at one's own risk. Minors can participate in a trip only in the company of a legal guardian.
3. Participants are responsible for their personal health being up to the demands of the journeys.
4. Participants are also responsible for the compliance with the traffic regulations.
5. The terms of transport of the respective haulier (bus, boat, plane and the like) are valid for all transports. Customer's money protection in accordance with EU-decree You money is safe with us. Customer's money protection in accordance with EU-decree The EUROFUN TOURISTIK GmbH is recorded in the organisers register of the ministry of economic affairs with the number 1999/0035. With the package tours booked by EUROFUN TOURISTIK GmbH (in case of insolvency), already paid payments for travel services that have not been provided any more and necessary expenses for the return journey are covered through a bank guarantee by Volksbank Braunau, A-5280 Braunau. The quarterly protection sums correspond with the legal requirements. The amount of the protection results from the travel agency decree BGBl. 881/94 Nr. 274 of 15.11.1994 and Nr. 170, BGBl. Nr. 52 of 12.04.1996. In case of insolvency direct refund applications to EUROPÄISCHE REISEVESICHERUNG AG, Augasse 5 - 7, A-1090 Wien, Tel. 0043-1/317 25 00, Fax: 0043-1/317 25 00 199. Refund applications should be delivered within 8 weeks from the onset of the claim. You will receive an appropriate protection certificate with the booking confirmation.
6. We cannot be made liable if a planned sightseeing tour cannot be made, for whatever reasons (rebuilding, renovation etc.) that cannot be influenced by us.
7. Should any disadvantages occur that have been caused by one of our chosen service carriers or us only, neither wilfully nor gross negligently, our liability - out of whichever legal argument - is limited to the triple amount of the tour price.
8. Should disadvantages occur through loss or damage of your luggage, we are only liable if the disadvantage has been caused by us and are reported to us immediately after the occurrence; however, even then only up to € 200,-- per person. We recommend a Luggage-Travel-Insurance or a Travel-Safety-Package for the risks. This restriction of liability is also valid for tours who EUROBIKE - EUROFUN TOURISTIK is the travel agent.
9. Should a tour be cancelled for reasons that we cannot influence (strike, natural disaster and the like) or should less than 8 persons participate in a tour - if there is no other minimum number of participants indicated in the corresponding tour description - we reserve the right to cancel the tour up to 25 days before the planned beginning of the tour. In this case you will be informed as soon as possible and receive your money back immediately. There are no other legitimate claims.
1. Legal redress If the tour does not proceed according to the contract, legal redress can be sought. What is contractual is determined on the one side by the service description, on the other by the locality of the country of destination. EUROBIKE - EUROFUN TOURISTIK GMBH can refuse the redress, if an extraordinary effort is required, is however authorised to provide redress in the form of substitute services, whether of equal or higher worth. The customer can refuse such a substitute service only in case of important, objectively recognisable reasons. The redress claim should be directed at us or the travel guide. The travel guide is however not authorised to acknowledge the claim.
2. Reduction of the travel price After his return the customer can claim a reduction of the travel price for the duration of the tour that has not proceeded according to the contract until legal redress has been provided through EUROBIKE - EUROFUN TOURISTIK. Legal redress will not be provided if the traveller intentionally refrained to indicate the shortcomings to the offices named in VI.1. on time to make the legal redress for these possible.
3. Any claims that might arise should be asserted up to one month latest after the contractually intended termination of the tour.
VII. Protection of Client's Payments
Protection of clients' payments is according to the guidelines of the European Union dated June 13, 1990 (90/314/EWG, article 2 Z1) - as well as the Austrian law of travel agent security decree (RSV) BGBl. II Nr. 16/1999. In the event of insolvency the tour packages organised by EUROBIKE - EUROFUN TOURISTIK are insured by a bank guarantee at Volksbank Braunau, A-5280 Braunau. This insurance is valid for services paid, but not rendered and for eventual costs of clients return to home base. In the event of insolvency all claims above and beyond the bank guarantee have to reach the handling agent EUROPÄISCHE Reiseversicherung AG, 1090 Vienna, Augasse 5-7, Phone. +43/1/317 25 00, Fax: +43/1/317 25 00 199, within 8 weeks of insolvency date. Clients receive certificates of insurance with their booking.
VII. Cooperation Obligation
1. If travel material is not provided on time, the traveller should inform EUROBIKE - EUROFUN TOURISTIK immediately.
2. If any service interference occurs, the traveller is obliged to contribute everything possible within reasonableness to get rid of the interference and to avoid or to limit the possible damages that may arise. The customer is especially obliged to inform the offices named in VI.1. of any complaints immediately. They are authorised to provide legal redress, as far as this is possible. If the customer refrains intentionally to indicate the shortcomings, a claim for reduction cannot be made.
1. The customer is responsible for the compliance with all passport, visa, custom, and health regulations.
2. We have to reserve the right to change prices and services, as well as to correct mistakes and printing errors.
3. The inoperativeness of single regulations of the travel agreement does not result in inoperativeness of the whole agreement.
X. Legal domicile/applicable law
1. The agreement conditions are subject to Austrian law.
2. The customer can sue EUROBIKE - EUROFUN TOURISTIK only at its headquarters.
3. The customer's place of residence is decisive for the tour operator's suits against the customer, unless the suit is directed against entrepreneurs or persons that do not have a general legal domicile in Austria. In this case the tour operator's place of headquarters is decisive. Tour operator For all tours that are marked with the opposite seal the tour operator is: EUROBIKE - EUROFUNTOURISTIK GMBH A-5162 Obertrum am See EUROBIKE - EUROFUNTOURISTIK is the travel agent for all other tours.