|Type of tour:||Self-guided|
|Distance:||31 Miles/day average|
|Dates:||Fridays and Saturdays: Mar 6-Jun 20, Sep 4-Oct 23, 2015|
|Start city:||Puig de Ros, Spain|
|End city:||Puig de Ros, Spain|
It still exists, the other Majorca: picturesque, tranquil bays with turquoise-blue water and fine, white sand; A festival of colours, shapes, and the scents of flowering meadows among countless almond trees; Monasteries and pilgrimage churches; Castles, mysterious flowstone caves, and romantic country houses in the sun – jewels in the unspoiled hinterland far away from the tourist crowds.
The plains and gently rolling hills of the interior of the island and its east coast offer a great climate and are ideal for biking tours. On your way, you will cycle past small sandy bays and cliffs overgrown by pine trees as well as past wind mills, olive groves, and almond trees.
Learn more about self-guided tours.
Day 1: Individual arrival to Playa de Palma
Today we recommend taking a stroll along the beach promenade.
Day 2: Colonia Sant Jordi (34 miles/55 km)
In the morning, the tour begins with a personal welcome, briefing and distribution of rental bikes. Afterwards you will be transferred by bus to Colonia Sant Jordi's sandy beaches and crystal clear water. Your first bike route passes through saline fields, the salt Lakes of Llevant and typical wind mills on the way to Capocorp Vell, the Realm of the Cyclops (remnants of the native inhabitant dwellings). There is only a short return ride to the hotel.
Day 3: Sineu, the island midpoint (34 miles/55 km)
The morning starts with a bus ride to Sineu. This small town is the geographic midpoint of the Island and well-known for the golden lion that sits on the stairs of the church. You cycle back to the hotel on beautiful paths through untouched nature and little villages (always slightly downhill).
Day 4: Llucmajor and Randa Mountain (46-59 miles/75-95 km)
Today's bike tour goes to Cap Blanc, where you have a really beautiful view of the sea. Following bike paths your cycle tour continues before stopping for a rest in Llucmajor's Café Colon that has been open since 1928. Llucmajor is also well-known for its shoe manufacturing. If you want an additional, fairly strenuous, 16 miles (25 km), you can bike to the top of Randa Mountain.
Day 5: Inca (31 miles/50 km)
In the morning the bus takes you to Inca, a city known for its leather manufacturing. After visiting some of the city's shops, the day's bike ride begins. Full of extremes, you begin by cycling through idyllic countryside and cozy little villages. As soon as you reach the coast, the island comes alive. From the coast the tour travels along the Playa back to the hotel.
Day 6: Tramuntana Mountains and Sóller (12 miles/20 km)
Today begins with a bus transfer to the Sierra Mountains and Lluc Monastery, where you can spend some time sightseeing and admiring the panoramic view from 3,900 feet (1,200 m) above sea level. You then cycle through orange and lemon plantations to Porto Soller via Fornalutx, the most beautiful village in Spain (excellent Paella lunch included).
Day 7: Palma (15 miles/25 km)
The final day of the tour follows cycle paths along the coast to Palma, Majorca's capital city. Once in Palma, you join a guided city tour through its lovely old city and cathedral. Cycling along the coast you return to the hotel.
Day 8: Individual departure
Fridays and Saturdays: Mar 6-Jun 20, Sep 4-Oct 23, 2015
|Low season:||Mar 6-Apr 30, 2015|
|Shoulder season:||May 1-May 28; Oct 2-Oct 22, 2015|
|High season:||May 29-Oct 1, 2015|
THB Hotel El Cid/BG Hotel Java/BG Hotel Caballero
These two 4-star hotels are just a few steps from the sandy beach of Playa de Plama in the district Can Pastilla. Bars, restaurants, and shops are located close to the hotels. Also, the capital city Palma is not far from your accommodations! Both hotels have a nice outdoor area with swimming pool and sun terrace. The rooms are all equipped with every comfort for your stay and you can choose your included half-board meals from the rich hotel buffet!
NOTE: pre-selection of hotels is not possible – the hotels are booked according to availability!
Interested in visiting other areas before or after your tour? Visit our hotels page to learn more about lodging options.
Bikes available to be rented (in advance at the time of booking) include:
All above bike rentals will be equipped with the following at no additional charge:
The bikes will have FLAT pedals. If you want to bring your own pedals, please bring your own shoes and also the necessary equipment to change the pedals. Toe cages are not available to rent.
If you plan to bring your own seat, please make sure it will be compatible with a 27.2 to 31.4 mm seat post. If necessary, you may also need to bring your own adapter. The tour company will assist in switching the seat post for you.
Helmets are NOT included with the bike rentals. You can buy a helmet (not rent) from the tour company for 35 Euros. It will be a high quality, brand new UVEX I-VO helmet. You must let us know your helmet preference upon booking*. If you do not buy a helmet through the tour company, we recommend you bring your own well-fitted helmet
*Please note that helmets must be purchased at the time of booking, and in the case of short time frame bookings, they may not be available to be purchased.
Additional specifications on the Hybrid touring bikes:
Additional specifications on the Electrically assisted bikes:
A Pedelec is an electrically assisted bike which assists you only when pedaling. You can turn the motor on/off, and also increase the amount of assistance you would like depending on the terrain. The motor is fixed in the bottom bracket of the bike, right in front of the rear tire, and can assist you up to a speed of 15 miles/hour (25 km/hr). The supply of energy comes from a removable battery, which can last for up to 50 miles (80 kms). An additional battery is provided too, just to make sure that you always have power (you can charge batteries each night at the hotels). The weight of the e-bike is approximately 50 pounds (23 kgs). It has an illuminated LCD display, cycle computer, and wattage display.
The daily stages average around 31 miles (50 km) and are manageable for all levels of cyclists. There are just a few smaller hills, which have to be managed. Predomiantly you cycle on asphalted roads. Each stage can be shortened or extended individually. The tour course is subject to changes.
Please note that you cycle the same stages from Hotel Las Arenas and Ola Hotel Maioris. The hotels are about 6 miles (10 km) away from each other. The distance details in the daily program refer to Old Hotel Maioris.
Weatherspark.com offers information on average weather conditions at most destinations throughout the globe. Type a destination in the search box, and select "Averages," and you'll find a range of information such as average high and low temperatures, precipitation, cloudy days, humidity and wind speed/direction.
Of course, if your tour is coming up in the next week, you can also select "Forecast" to get the most current information on upcoming conditions.
With more than 50 million tourists visiting each year, Spain is the second most toured country in the world. Sitting on the Iberian Peninsula in southwestern Europe, Spain is known for its miles of beautiful Mediterranean coastline ranging from the rocky Costa Brava to the white sand of Costa Blanca and Balearic Islands off the coast. Spain’s culture thrives in its urban centers of Madrid, the capital, Barcelona and Seville. The countries history is exhibited in countless monuments, ruins, castles and cathedrals, contributing to Spain's ranking as the second country with the most UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Amazing renowned wines from La Rioja, olive oils from Baena, paella rice from Levanta, Crema Catalana liqueur from Catalonia and more than one hundred varieties of cheese define Spain’s mouth-watering Mediterranean cuisine.
Eurofun Touristik, also known as Eurobike, was founded in 1993. The company stands for long-term experience in tourism, specializing in cycle holidays. The company has continued to expand over the years, adding "Rückenwind Reisen” in Oldenburg/Germany to the Eurofun group in 2002 and "Eurohike" was founded to service the growing demand for hiking holidays in 2004.
Eurofun's strenths include professional and meticulously researched routes, modern and regularly maintained bicycles, tour guides who know the country accompanying group tours and very detailed travel documentation for individual tours. Along with these aspects, Eurofun offers excellent working support service, luggage transfer and accommodation in hotels with a comfortable ambience and cozy atmosphere.
I. Cancellation through the customer/substitute participant/change in booking
1. The Customer may withdraw from the agreement at any time prior to the start of travel. We recommend that the Customer communicate his or her cancellation in writing. In the event of a cancellation or no-show, we shall be entitled to charge the following fees (percentages refer to the price of travel):
In each case a cancellation insurance is recommendable. We recommend a travel withdrawal insurance, please note that the insurance doesn't work for travel expenses. For that case you shall take an additional insurance.
For bike and boat tours offered through EUROFUN, the following cancellation penalties apply:
2. Each registered travel participant may allow a third-party to take his or her place if he or she notifies us thereof in writing up to three days prior to the start of travel. EUROBIKE may refuse the third party's participation for good cause. The conditions of cancellation above shall apply. If a substitute person takes the registered participant's place, this shall not affect the original contract. We shall be entitled to charge € 50,- for change fees.
3. Changes to the booking in terms of number or types of rooms, hotel category and type of board shall, providing such is possible in the hotels and there is sufficient capacity available, is basically possible up to 14 days prior to the start of travel. Nonetheless, we will however have to charge you for the time and effort involved. For each change, we shall charge you € 50,-.
II. Signing the travel agreement
1. By registering, the Customer undertakes to enter into a travel agreement with EUROFUN TOURISTIK GMBH (hereinafter referred to as EUROBIKE). Registration shall take place in writing on the form designated for this purpose. A telephonic, oral or other form of registration with us or one of our partner agencies shall be equally binding. Registration shall be carried out by the registering party for all co-named participants. The registering party firmly agrees to these conditions of travel, including on behalf of and for the co-named participants.
2. The agreement shall come into being upon acceptance by EUROBIKE or its partner agencies upon sending the booking confirmation.
3. Subsidiary agreements and amendments to the concluded travel agreement shall require our written confirmation.
1. With regard to the scope of the contractual services, the descriptions of service provided in the current EUROBIKE catalogue shall be authoritative, but not however any differing statements or promises by intermediary travel agencies, town or hotel brochures or other third parties. The stopover locations are the most frequent and main stopover destinations on the cycling tours.
Under certain circumstances, we must require your consent to be placed in towns in the immediate vicinity without any deductions.
2. The price of travel listed is per person based on occupancy in a double bed room. If available, a single bed room can be booked for a surcharge. In some hotels however there are only a limited number of single bed rooms meaning that you may if necessary have to make due with a simpler room or, under certain circumstances, have to go to another hotel or private bed and breakfast. If, exceptionally, no single bed room can be made available, you will have to share a room in a two bed room. In this case you will of course receive a prorated refund.
3. For families, we grant the following discounts off the basic price and extra nights as a third person in a double room with two full paying guests: 0 to 5.99 years old: 100% (any costs incurred shall be paid on site), 6 to 11.99 years old: 50%, 12 to 14.99 years old: 25%, age 15 and up: 10%
V. Liability and restriction of liability
1. EUROBIKE shall be responsible for making pre-travel preparations, careful selection and monitoring of the service providers as well as for the accuracy of the descriptions of service valid for the period of travel at the time our catalogue is printed.
2. Travellers shall take part in our cycling journeys at their own risk. Minors may only participate in a journey when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
3. Every travel participant shall be responsible for ensuring that his or her health is suitable for the requirements of travel.
4. In addition, every travel participant shall be responsible for the observance of traffic regulations.
5. The conditions of carriage of the particular transport companies shall apply to all means of transport (bus, boat, airplane, etc.).
6. If, due to reasons beyond our control (adaptations, renovations, etc.) a scheduled tour cannot take place, we cannot assume any liability.
7. In the event of damage caused solely by one of the service providers selected by us or which is not due to premeditation or gross negligence on our part, then our liability shall be limited, regardless of the legal basis, to three times the price of the journey.
8. In the event of loss or damage to travel luggage, we shall only be liable if the loss or damages is caused by us and is communicated to us immediately after the occurrence. In this event, we shall only be liable for up to a max. of EUR 200.00 per person. We assume no liability for: items which are not usually transported in travel luggage, means of payment of any sort, for visual damage and damage to handles and wheels or damages to pieces of luggage weighing more than a total of 20 kg. We recommend that you take out a travel security package to cover these risks.
Transportation of customer bicycles before, during and after our cycling journeys is possible at the Đustoŵer’s oǁŶ risk oŶly. The settiŶgs of our ĐyĐle Đarriers are fitted to our reŶtal ďiĐyĐles, therefore minor damages (e.g. scratches to the paintwork) can occur. Consequently, we cannot be made liable for damages originating from transportation. Above mentioned limitation of liability is also applicable for partner tours and transportation via third parties.
9. If a journey is cancelled due to reasons beyond our control (strike, natural disaster, etc.) or if the minimum number of participants of guided group tours (8 people) and bike & boat tours (15 people or as listed in the offers) is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the journey up to 25 days before the planned travel date. In this event you shall be notified without delay and will be refunded any amounts already paid to us. You shall not be entitled to any compensation beyond this.
1. Remedies: If the travel service cannot be performed as specified in the agreement, the Customer can demand redress. What is contractually specified shall be based on the one hand on the description of service and on the other on what is customary in the destination country. EUROBIKE can refuse a remedy if it requires disproportional costs and efforts but shall also be entitled to provide a remedy in the form of services of equal or greater value. Substitute services can only be refused by the Customer for a significant, objectively identifiable reason. The demand for a remedy shall be communicated directly to us or to the guide. The guide shall have no authority to recognise claims.
2. Travel Price Reduction: The Customer may, after returning from the journey, request a reasonable reduction in the price of travel (discount) for the duration of the contractually non-contractually compliant portion of the journey until a remedy is provided by EUROBIKE. The reduction shall not apply if and to the extent that the traveller, through his or her fault, fails to communicate the deficiency to the parties listed in Item VI (1) in a timely manner so as to enable them to provide a remedy.
3. Any claims must be lodged with us no later than one month after the contractually scheduled end of travel.
VII. Cooperation Obligation
1. If the traveller does not receive the travel documents in a timely manner, he or she must inform EUROBIKE without delay.
2. The traveller is required, in the event of any issues disrupting the provision of the services as described in the agreement, to take all reasonable steps to contribute to remedying the disruption any to minimise or avoid any damage. The Customer is, in particular, required to lodge his or her complaints without delay to the parties named in VI (1). These parties shall be in charge of providing a remedy if such is possible. If the Customer fails, through his or her fault, to communicate a deficiency, than he or she shall have no claim to a reduction in price.
1. The Customer shall be responsible for complying with all passport, visa, customs and health regulations.
2. We must reserve the right to make changes to prices and services and to correct any mistakes and typographical errors.
3. The invalidity of individual provisions in the travel agreement shall not invalidate the rest of the agreement.
IX. Legal domicile/applicable law
1. The agreement is governed by Austrian Law.
2. The Customer may only bring legal action against EUROBIKE at its registered place of business.
3. The Customer's place of residence shall be authoritative for actions by the travel against the customer unless the action is directed against general merchants or persons without a general place of jurisdiction in Austria. In this case, the registered office of the tour operator shall be authoritative.
For all journeys designated as original tours, a member of the EUROFUN-group (Eurobike, Eurotrek, Rückenwind, SE-Tours, Espace Randonnée, Radreisefreunde) is the operator. For all other tours, EUROBIKE – EUROFUN TOURISTIK is the travel booking agent.
Subject to changes to the offering and mistakes, typographical errors and calculation errors.
Insurance of customer funds
Pursuant to the Travel Agency Guarantee Decree [Reisebürosicherungsverordnung (RSV)] for all-inclusive journeys offered by EUROBIKE - EUROFUN TOURISTIK GMBH (registration number 1999/0035 in the Directory of Tour Operators of the Federal Ministry of Economics, Family and Youth, customer funds are secured subject to the following conditions: any payments exceeding those indicated in Item II or previously paid down payments and payments of balances owing may not be demanded nor are they secured.
The guarantor or insurer is Volksbank Braunau, 5280 Braunau (bank guarantee no. 5746). Filing of any claims must be done with the liquidator (Europäische Reiseversicherung AG, Kratochwjlestestraße 4, 1220 Vienna, Tel. no. +43(1) 317 25 00, Fax. no. +43(1) 319 93 67) within 8 weeks insolvency being declared.
Applications for refunds must be submitted, duly documented within 8 weeks of the claim arising. You shall receive a corresponding insurance certificate along with your booking confirmation.