|Type of tour:||Self-guided|
|Distance:||55 Miles/day average|
|Dates:||Saturdays: May 3-Sep 27, 2014|
|Start city:||Toblach or Niederdorf, Italy|
|End city:||Venice, Italy|
From the north east of the Dolomites, you cycle over well-known famous mountain passes. Lake Misurina, the “Three Peaks” (Drei Zinnen – Tre Cime di Lavaredo) and the Olympic town of Cortina d’Ampezzo are only some of the highlights you will see along the way.
The tour takes you on to Bassano del Grappa where the land starts to level out. From here you cycle slowly downwards into the valley. After a short detour to Asolo, the town of a hundred horizons, you will cycle along the wine road from Valdobbiandene to Vittorio Veneto. The fashionable town of Treviso waits upon your arrival to greet you. Following the path along the River Sile you will reach Venice.
Learn more about self-guided tours.
Day 1: Individual arrival at Toblach/Niederdorf
Arrive at the hotel in the Alta Pusteria.
Day 2: Toblach - Cortina D'Ampezzo (50 miles/80km)
The tour takes you from Toblach through to the Sexten Valley, a flanking valley of Hochpustertal in the heart of the Dolomites. The route continues over the Kreuzberg Pass and into the province of Belluno before going over two more Dolomiti passes en route to the former Olympic town of Cortina d’Ampezzo.
Overnight in Cortina D'Ampezzo.
Day 3: Cortina d'Ampezzo - Belluno (56 miles/90 km)
You leave Cortina with the summit of the Tofane on the right and on the left, the Five Towers (Cinque Torri). The Dolomites accompany you on your way to Belluno. The famous Dolomite passes interchange with the unique mountain views on this part of the trip.
Overnight in Belluno.
Day 4: Belluno - Feltre (62 miles/100 km)
Your tour takes from the stronghold of the ice cream makers to the famous Italian prosecco (sparkling wine) area of Valdobbiadene before reaching Feltre.
Overnight in Feltre.
Day 5: Feltre - Bassano del Grappa (40 miles/65 km)
Before you finally reach the plains, you still have the Monte Grappa to cross. During the 1st World war this was one of the many areas of the battles between Austria, Hungary, and Italy.
Overnight in Bassano del Grappa.
Day 6: Bassano del Grappa - Treviso (68 miles/110 km)
After leaving the alpine regions, a choice of villas designed by the renowned architect Palladio, intermittently come into view. A stop is possible in the idyllic town of Asolo before cycling on to Valdobbiandene from where we follow the “vine road” to Vittorio Veneto and Conegliano. Finally we reach Treviso, the town of the pond skaters. There are many worthwhile sights to view in the town, such as the arcades, famous buildings and the shops are worth browsing around. Treviso is also hosts the head office for the international company Benetton as well as many shoe factories.
Overnight in Treviso.
Day 7: Treviso - Venice/Mestre (53miles/85 km)
Following the River Sile you will reach the Adriatic sea and shortly afterwards Mestre/Venice and admire the view of the "Serenissima".
Overnight in Mestre.
Day 8: Departure
Individual departure or extend your stay.
We now have 2015 information for some tours. Please contact us to inquire if you don't see 2015 dates and prices here.
Saturdays: May 3-Sep 27, 2014
|Low Season:||May 3-Jun 27; Sep 13-Sep 27, 2014|
|High Season:||Jun 28-Sep 12, 2014|
These are sample hotels and may vary based on availability.
Day 1: Hotel Sonne Sole, Alta Pusteria
Day 2: Meuble Villa Neve, Cortina d'Ampezzo
Day 3: Albergo Cappello e Cadore, Belluno
Day 4: Hotel Doriguzzi, Feltre
Day 5: Hotel Brennero, Bassano del Grappa
Day 6: Hotel Al Fogher, Treviso
Day 7: Hotel Roma, Venice
Please Note: Some hotels will charge the local tourist fee (1 to 2 Euro per night).
Road bikes are available for rent and the tour company has a cooperation with local cycle shops. Therefore they do not know the brand of bicycle that you would have for the tour. However, the cycle shops only offer trade mark bicycles so you will always have a good standard cycle. The equipment provided with road bikes are a pump and repair kit.
Hybrid bikes are available on some tours. Depending on the tour, the cycles are from a former race cyclist who buys the best parts from cycle produces and put it together for the rental cycle. We are also using KTM and Schauff cycles.
Equipment provided with hybrid bike rentals are:
Helmets are not inlcuded in rental. Please bring your own hlemet for safety and hygiene reasons.
This tour is a sporty-racing bike tour for cyclists with a good physical preparation able to ride from 50 to 70 miles (80 to 110 km) a day with some steep climbs. This tour averages 3,740 feet of elevation gain per day.
The tour is challenging and is for experienced cyclists in above average physical condition.
"We took the long routes every day that Freddy set up for us in my Garmin 800. It took a bit of getting used to, but having that instead cue sheets made [the route] super easy to follow. We were all very impressed with the routes. Every day was just the right length and we enjoyed all of the big climbs and amazing descents.
All in all I was very impressed. I have done a bunch of tours with Trek Travel (was a Trek dealer for 14 years), but I never fully utilized what I was paying for since we always went off route and rode extra miles, not using the guide much at all. So your tour, while definitely no frills, was an amazing value for us getting so much for so little.
Thank you very much for an awesome bike ride through the Dolomites and visits to a bunch of cool cities. I will definitely recommend you to others looking for tours in the future."
Nearest airport: Innsbruck (INN), Treviso (TSF), or Venice Marco Polo (VCE)
The tour company can organize a transfer from the airport to the starting hotel upon request.
Nearest train station: Innsbruck
Take the train from Innsbruck over the “Brenner/Brennero” to Franzensfeste. Change trains for the Pusteria Valley and disembarking either at Niederdorf or Toblach depending on the location of your hotel.
Nearest airport: Venice Marco Polo (VCE)
Nearest train station: Venice Mestre
Tips on getting to and from your tour
Weatherspark.com offers information on average weather conditions at most destinations throughout the globe. Type a destination in the search box, and select "Averages," and you'll find a range of information such as average high and low temperatures, precipitation, cloudy days, humidity and wind speed/direction.
Of course, if your tour is coming up in the next week, you can also select "Forecast" to get the most current information on upcoming conditions.
Of all European countries, none draws visitors over and over again like Italy. A peninsula extending into the Mediterranean Sea, Italy consists of 21 diverse regions of rolling hills, vineyards, mountains, lakes, cliffs and islands. Each region has its unique charm, but all share the ‘Italian’ view that life should be taken at a slow pace with time to enjoy conversation, food and drink. Together, Italy’s regions boast the highest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the world. Rome, Florence, Venice, Assisi and Pisa are a few of the country's renowned cities along with Italy’s 95,000 monumental churches, 40,000 forts and castles and 5,600 museums and archaeological sites. Whether you ride a gondola through Venice’s Grand Canal, stroll along Lake Como or visit the Coliseum in Rome, the opportunities are endless when visiting Italy.
We are located in Salzburg, Austria, and offer tours in Austria, Switzerland, Germany.
Cycling, walking, sailing, cruising.... all over Europe. Around the active programs we offer city breaks, mountain hotels, beach hotels and multi sport programs.
We are offering guided and self guided walking and cycling holidays all around Europe. Enjoy famous destinations like the Danube, Tuscany, Dolomites, and the Alps.
Cancellation through the customer / substitute participant / change in booking
The customer can withdraw from the agreement at any time. We suggest declaring the withdrawal in writing. In case of withdrawal or non-participation without a previous withdrawal declaration we are authorized to charge the following cancellation fees:
In each case a cancellation insurance is recommendable.
Every registered trip participant can let a third party take his place, if we are informed up to three days before the beginning of the journey. BestSellerTravel can oppose the participation of a third party because of important reasons. The following withdrawal conditions are effective in such a situation. If a third party takes the place of the registered participant, the original contract is not affected. We are authorized to charge € 50, for the change in booking.
Changes with regard to number of participants, number or type of rooms, hotel category or catering are basically possible up to 14 days before the beginning of the journey. However, we will have to charge you an alternation fee for the arising expenses. We will charge € 50, -- for each change in booking.
When booking a journey
The customer offers BestSellerTravel GmbH the conclusion of a binding travel agreement. Any other form of registration, whether on the phone, oral, or written with us or one of our partner offices is also binding. The registration is made by the customer also for all the other named participants. The customer accepts the binding conditions of travel at issue - also in the name and in the behalf of the named participants.
2. The agreement is reached when BestSellerTravel or one of its partner offices accepts the booking and sends you a booking confirmation.
3. Collateral agreements and changes of the signed travel agreement need to be confirmed by us in writing.
The service descriptions in the at the time of the journey current BestSellerTravel-catalogue cover the range of our contractual services. Differing declarations or pledges from mediating travel agents, town or hotel brochures or other third parties are not relevant. The indicated towns of each stage are usually and mainly the destinations of the stage. In some cases we have to assume your consent to take into account other towns in the near surroundings without deduction.
The trip price is based on one person in a double room. A single room can be booked - if available - for an extra charge. In some hotels, however, the number of available single rooms is limited, so that you might have to do at a pinch with a little bit simpler accommodation or be possibly accommodated in another hotel or private guest house. If, by way of exception, a single room cannot be made available, you will have to share a double room with one of the other participants. In such a case, of course, the extra price you have been charge will be proportionately refunded.
Children up to the age of 14 will receive a 25% discount on the travel price, if they sleep in the room of two full price payers (with an additional bed).
Liability and restriction of liability
1. BestSellerTravel is liable in the scope of the obligation to exercise diligence of an ordinary trader for the conscientious preparation of the journey, the careful choice and monitoring of the services and the correctness of the for the time of the trip, valid at the time of the publication of our catalogue, description of the services.
2. Participation in a tour is at one's own risk. Minors can participate in a trip only in the company of a legal guardian.
3. Participants are responsible for their personal health being up to the demands of the journeys.
4. Participants are also responsible for the compliance with the traffic regulations.
5. The terms of transport of the respective hauler (bus, boat, plane and the like) are valid for all transports.
6. We cannot be made liable if a planned sightseeing tour cannot be made, for whatever reasons (rebuilding, renovation etc.) that cannot be influenced by us.
7. Should any disadvantages occur that have been caused by one of our chosen service carriers or us only, neither willfully nor gross negligently, our liability - out of whichever legal argument - is limited to the triple amount of the tour price.
8. Should disadvantages occur through loss or damage of your luggage, we are only liable if the disadvantage has been caused by us and are reported to us immediately after the occurrence; however, even then only up to € 200, -- per person. We recommend a Luggage-Travel-Insurance or a Travel-Safety-Package for the risks. This restriction of liability is also valid for tours who BestSellerTravel is the travel agent.
9. Should a tour be cancelled for reasons that we cannot influence (strike, natural disaster and the like) or should less than 8 persons participate in a tour - if there is no other minimum number of participants indicated in the corresponding tour description - we reserve the right to cancel the tour up to 25 days before the planned beginning of the tour. In this case you will be informed as soon as possible and receive your money back immediately. There are no other legitimate claims.
1. Legal redress: If the tour does not proceed according to the contract, legal redress can be sought. What is contractual is determined on the one side by the service description, on the other by the locality of the country of destination. BestSellerTravel can refuse the redress, if an extraordinary effort is required, is however authorized to provide redress in the form of substitute services, whether of equal or higher worth. The customer can refuse such a substitute service only in case of important, objectively recognizable reasons. The redress claim should be directed at the travel guide or us. The travel guide is however not authorized to acknowledge the claim.
2. Reduction of the travel price: After his return the customer can claim a reduction of the travel price for the duration of the tour that has not proceeded according to the contract until legal redress has been provided through EUROBIKE - EUROFUN TOURISTIK. Legal redress will not be provided if the traveller intentionally refrained to indicate the shortcomings to the offices named in VI.1. On time to make the legal redress for these possible.
3. Any claims that might arise should be asserted up to one month latest after the contractually intended termination of the tour.
1. If travel material is not provided on time, the traveller should inform BestSellerTravel immediately.
2. If any service interference occurs, the traveller is obliged to contribute everything possible within reasonableness to get rid of the interference and to avoid or to limit the possible damages that may arise. The customer is especially obliged to inform the offices named in VI.1. Of any complaints immediately. They are authorized to provide legal redress, as far as this is possible. If the customer refrains intentionally to indicate the shortcomings, a claim for reduction cannot be made.
1. The customer is responsible for the compliance with all passport, visa, custom, and health regulations.
2. We have to reserve the right to change prices and services, as well as to correct mistakes and printing errors.
3. The inoperativeness of single regulations of the travel agreement does not result in inoperativeness of the whole agreement.
Legal domicile / applicable law
1. The agreement conditions are subject to Austrian law.
2. The customer can sue BestSellerTravel only at its headquarters.
3. The customer's place of residence is decisive for the tour operator's suits against the customer, unless the suit is directed against entrepreneurs or persons that do not have a general legal domicile in Austria. In this case the tour operator's place of headquarters is decisive.
All journey and accommodation reservations and the exhibition of journey coupons are carried out by BestSellerTravel GmbH as a mediator of journeys. The customer money safeguarding in accordance with EU ordinance is carried out by the organizers of the respective programs.
Exclusion of liability for contents of the online supply
The author takes on no liability for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the provided information. Which was caused by the use or not use of the presented information or by the use of faulty and incomplete information liability claim against the author which refer to damages of material or ideational type in principle is excluded provided that on the part of the author there isn't a provably deliberate or roughly negligent fault.
All offers are without engagement and subject to confirmation. The author particularly reserves for himself to change parts of the sides or the complete offer without a separate announcement to complete, to delete or to stop the publication at times or definitely.
Reprimands and links
At direct or indirect references to strange internet pages ("links") which are outside the responsibility area of the author a liability obligation would become effective exclusively in the case in which the author of the contents has knowledge and it would be technically possible for it and reasonable to prevent, the use in the case of illegal contents.
The author particularly therefore explains that at the time of the link setting the appropriate interlinked sides were free of illegal contents. The author has no influence on the current and future design and on the contents of the conned/connected sides. Therefore he particularly hereby dissociates himself from all contents of all connected sides which were changed to the link setting. This observation applies to all links put within the Internet supply of one's own and reprimands as well as to from outside entries in visitor's books established by the author, discussion fore and mailing lists. For illegal, faulty or incomplete contents and particularly for damages which result from the use or not use of information presented the supplier of the side is liable.
Originator and characteristic right
The author endeavors to observe the copyrights of the used graphics, clay documents, video sequences and texts, to be of use graphics, clay documents, prepared by him himself for video sequences and texts or to go back to license free graphics, clay documents, video sequences and texts in all publications.
All brands and mentioned within the Internet supply and protected by third parties if necessary trademarks are absolutely subject to the regulations of the respectively valid characteristic right and the possession rights of the respective registered owners. Alone due to the bare mentioning the end doesn't have to be drawn that trademarks aren't protected by rights of third parties!
The copyright for objects published, made by the author stays alone with the author of the sides. A copy or use of such graphics, clay documents, video sequences and texts in other electronic or printed publications isn't allowed without an express consent of the author.
On the right effectiveness of this exclusion of liability
This exclusion of liability is as a part of the Internet offer to look by which this side out was referred to. Provided that parts or single wordings of this text should correspond to the current legal position not, no more or not completely, the other parts of the document remain untouched in her contents and their validity of this.