|Type of tour:||Self-guided|
|Distance:||33 Miles/day average|
|Dates:||Wednesday, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays: Mar 28-Oct 17, 2015|
|Start city:||Bolzano, Italy|
|End city:||Venice, Italy|
With Venice far over the horizon, this tour starts in Bolzano amid the exceptional mountain landscape of the Dolomites. From Trento, the alpine Renaissance city, it continues past lush blue waters of lakes and streams and through medieval towns with historic castles and churches.
At Lake Garda take a boat journey and enjoy some of Europe's finest scenery and wines. Visit the sites in the famous cities of Verona and Padua and stroll through the vineyards in South Tyrol. Relax in the hot springs of Abano and experience local color in rural Italian taverns. All these opportunities await cyclists as they travel toward Venice!
Learn more about self-guided tours.
Day 1: Bolzano
Welcome briefing and fitting of your rental bikes.
Overnight in Bolzano
Day 2: Bolzano – Trento (44 mi/70 km)
Today's route begins, as you cycle through the Adige region and orchards on the way to Salurn, the end of the German speaking South Tyrol. From Salurn the tour follows pathways along a dam on the way to Trento.
Overnight in Trento
Day 3: Trento – Lake Garda South (31 mi/50 km)
Continuing through the Adige region, the route heads through Roverto and Mori before heading west to Lake Garda. After a short ascent, you reach Torbole and Riva. Once at Lake Garda, you take a boat tour along the whole length of the lake to Sirmione/ Desenzano.
Overnight in Lake Garda South
Day 4: Lake Garda South – Verona (30 mi/50 km)
The route to Verona goes through partly flat, partly hilly vineyards. Highlights of Verona include the festival arena, Juliet's house and old city walls, which you will see during a city tour.
Overnight in Verona
Day 5: Verona – Vicenza (44 mi/70 km)
Today’s route starts out flat, then you will cycle through the Monti Berici hills to the excursion area of Vicenza, with a beautiful view of the city. To make this longer stage a bit shorter, you have the option to travel the first part by train to San Bonifacio. In the old town of Vicenza you can feel the spirit of Palladio, the famous architect from the Middle Ages.
Overnight in Vicenza
Day 6: Vicenza – Abano Terme (22 mi/35 km)
Leaving Vicenza you pass an array of Venetian villas, including the Villa Rotonda. Along the Bacchiglione River, the route heads to the day's destination, Abano Terme, one of the most famous health resorts in Italy. The short stage allows enough time to enjoy the thermal springs. Padua, the city of Saint Antonius and scholars, can easily be reached from Abano by bus.
Overnight in Abano Terme (for a surcharge you can opt to stay in Padua)
Day 7: Abano Terme – Venice/Mestre/Marghera (30 miles/50 km)
Usually supported by a light wind, you cycle through the Veneto region in the direction of the sea. The destination of the stage is Marghera/Mestre on the mainland. You can reach Venice by bus and enjoy a evening guided tour and dinner in Venice.
Overnight in Venice/Mestre
Day 8: Venice/Mestre
Individual departure or extend your stay in Marghera/Mestre
We now have 2015 information for some tours. Please contact us to inquire if you don't see 2015 dates and prices here.
Wednesday, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays: Mar 28-Oct 17, 2015
|Low season:||Mar 28-Apr 17; Oct 4-Oct 17, 2015|
|Shoulder season:||Apr 18-Jun 20; Sep 6-Oct 3, 2015|
|High season:||Jun 21-Sep 5, 2015|
|Category A: centrally located 3- and 4-star hotels|
|Category B: 3- and 4-star hotels at outskirts of town|
These are sample hotels and may vary based on availability.
Category A: 3-and 4-star hotels generally centrally located
Hotel Luna, Bolzano
Hotel Albermonaco, Trento
San Marco, Verona
Key Hotel, Vicenza
Hotel Terme Roma, Abano Terme
Category B: 3-star hotels and one 4-star hotel (outskirts of town)
Hotel Everest, Trento
Hotel Il Melograno, Lake Garda
Holiday Inn, Verona
Hotel Aqua, Abano Terme/Padova
Hotel Nuova Mestre, Venice/mainland
Interested in visiting other areas before or after your tour? Visit our hotels page to learn more about lodging options.
Bikes available on this tour (not included in tour price, must be reserved at time of booking):
The bikes will have FLAT pedals. If you want to bring your own pedals, please bring your own shoes and also the necessary equipment to change the pedals.
We recommend that you bring or buy your own helmet for safety and hygiene purposes.
The route is flat, but does contain some hills. The only strenuous part of the ride is through Monti Berici. The first two stages are predominantly on bicycle paths, while from Lake Garda the route follows economy paths and side roads. As a result of missing bicycle paths there are a few, short sections on streets with heavy traffic. Most of the route is on continuous asphalted paths/roads.
"I can't tell you how much we enjoyed our guided tour. It was a great time and a great value. Both our guides, Jonas and Bernhardt, were fabulous. I would highly recommend them both! They were able to help me in recovering my valuables, which were in a bag which got detached from my bike. Jonas in particular was very helpful in communicating with the person who found the bag. A big thank you to him. The food prepared by both was great and the restaurants were fine too. Overall, a great experience and I would recommend to others."
- Adrian H.
Nearest airport: Bolzano, Italy; Innsbruck, Austria; Venice and Verona, Italy
Nearest train station: Bolzano, Italy
To get to Bolzano, you can fly into Bolzano's small regional airport (BZO), or into one of the nearby international airports and take a train to Bolzano's train station. Buses are also available into Bolzano.
Nearest airport and train station: Venice, Italy
There is limited availabilty for a return transfer from Venice to Bolzano by minivan every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It costs €58 per person (bike included) payable when you board, but reservations are required.
Tips on getting to and from your tour
Weatherspark.com offers information on average weather conditions at most destinations throughout the globe. Type a destination in the search box, and select "Averages," and you'll find a range of information such as average high and low temperatures, precipitation, cloudy days, humidity and wind speed/direction.
Of course, if your tour is coming up in the next week, you can also select "Forecast" to get the most current information on upcoming conditions.
Of all European countries, none draws visitors over and over again like Italy. A peninsula extending into the Mediterranean Sea, Italy consists of 21 diverse regions of rolling hills, vineyards, mountains, lakes, cliffs and islands. Each region has its unique charm, but all share the ‘Italian’ view that life should be taken at a slow pace with time to enjoy conversation, food and drink. Together, Italy’s regions boast the highest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the world. Rome, Florence, Venice, Assisi and Pisa are a few of the country's renowned cities along with Italy’s 95,000 monumental churches, 40,000 forts and castles and 5,600 museums and archaeological sites. Whether you ride a gondola through Venice’s Grand Canal, stroll along Lake Como or visit the Coliseum in Rome, the opportunities are endless when visiting Italy.
Eurofun Touristik, also known as Eurobike, was founded in 1993. The company stands for long-term experience in tourism, specializing in cycle holidays. The company has continued to expand over the years, adding "Rückenwind Reisen” in Oldenburg/Germany to the Eurofun group in 2002 and "Eurohike" was founded to service the growing demand for hiking holidays in 2004.
Eurofun's strenths include professional and meticulously researched routes, modern and regularly maintained bicycles, tour guides who know the country accompanying group tours and very detailed travel documentation for individual tours. Along with these aspects, Eurofun offers excellent working support service, luggage transfer and accommodation in hotels with a comfortable ambience and cozy atmosphere.
I. Cancellation through the customer/substitute participant/change in booking
1. The Customer may withdraw from the agreement at any time prior to the start of travel. We recommend that the Customer communicate his or her cancellation in writing. In the event of a cancellation or no-show, we shall be entitled to charge the following fees (percentages refer to the price of travel):
In each case a cancellation insurance is recommendable. We recommend a travel withdrawal insurance, please note that the insurance doesn't work for travel expenses. For that case you shall take an additional insurance.
For bike and boat tours offered through EUROFUN, the following cancellation penalties apply:
2. Each registered travel participant may allow a third-party to take his or her place if he or she notifies us thereof in writing up to three days prior to the start of travel. EUROBIKE may refuse the third party's participation for good cause. The conditions of cancellation above shall apply. If a substitute person takes the registered participant's place, this shall not affect the original contract. We shall be entitled to charge € 50,- for change fees.
3. Changes to the booking in terms of number or types of rooms, hotel category and type of board shall, providing such is possible in the hotels and there is sufficient capacity available, is basically possible up to 14 days prior to the start of travel. Nonetheless, we will however have to charge you for the time and effort involved. For each change, we shall charge you € 50,-.
II. Signing the travel agreement
1. By registering, the Customer undertakes to enter into a travel agreement with EUROFUN TOURISTIK GMBH (hereinafter referred to as EUROBIKE). Registration shall take place in writing on the form designated for this purpose. A telephonic, oral or other form of registration with us or one of our partner agencies shall be equally binding. Registration shall be carried out by the registering party for all co-named participants. The registering party firmly agrees to these conditions of travel, including on behalf of and for the co-named participants.
2. The agreement shall come into being upon acceptance by EUROBIKE or its partner agencies upon sending the booking confirmation.
3. Subsidiary agreements and amendments to the concluded travel agreement shall require our written confirmation.
1. With regard to the scope of the contractual services, the descriptions of service provided in the current EUROBIKE catalogue shall be authoritative, but not however any differing statements or promises by intermediary travel agencies, town or hotel brochures or other third parties. The stopover locations are the most frequent and main stopover destinations on the cycling tours.
Under certain circumstances, we must require your consent to be placed in towns in the immediate vicinity without any deductions.
2. The price of travel listed is per person based on occupancy in a double bed room. If available, a single bed room can be booked for a surcharge. In some hotels however there are only a limited number of single bed rooms meaning that you may if necessary have to make due with a simpler room or, under certain circumstances, have to go to another hotel or private bed and breakfast. If, exceptionally, no single bed room can be made available, you will have to share a room in a two bed room. In this case you will of course receive a prorated refund.
3. For families, we grant the following discounts off the basic price and extra nights as a third person in a double room with two full paying guests: 0 to 5.99 years old: 100% (any costs incurred shall be paid on site), 6 to 11.99 years old: 50%, 12 to 14.99 years old: 25%, age 15 and up: 10%
V. Liability and restriction of liability
1. EUROBIKE shall be responsible for making pre-travel preparations, careful selection and monitoring of the service providers as well as for the accuracy of the descriptions of service valid for the period of travel at the time our catalogue is printed.
2. Travellers shall take part in our cycling journeys at their own risk. Minors may only participate in a journey when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
3. Every travel participant shall be responsible for ensuring that his or her health is suitable for the requirements of travel.
4. In addition, every travel participant shall be responsible for the observance of traffic regulations.
5. The conditions of carriage of the particular transport companies shall apply to all means of transport (bus, boat, airplane, etc.).
6. If, due to reasons beyond our control (adaptations, renovations, etc.) a scheduled tour cannot take place, we cannot assume any liability.
7. In the event of damage caused solely by one of the service providers selected by us or which is not due to premeditation or gross negligence on our part, then our liability shall be limited, regardless of the legal basis, to three times the price of the journey.
8. In the event of loss or damage to travel luggage, we shall only be liable if the loss or damages is caused by us and is communicated to us immediately after the occurrence. In this event, we shall only be liable for up to a max. of EUR 200.00 per person. We assume no liability for: items which are not usually transported in travel luggage, means of payment of any sort, for visual damage and damage to handles and wheels or damages to pieces of luggage weighing more than a total of 20 kg. We recommend that you take out a travel security package to cover these risks.
Transportation of customer bicycles before, during and after our cycling journeys is possible at the Đustoŵer’s oǁŶ risk oŶly. The settiŶgs of our ĐyĐle Đarriers are fitted to our reŶtal ďiĐyĐles, therefore minor damages (e.g. scratches to the paintwork) can occur. Consequently, we cannot be made liable for damages originating from transportation. Above mentioned limitation of liability is also applicable for partner tours and transportation via third parties.
9. If a journey is cancelled due to reasons beyond our control (strike, natural disaster, etc.) or if the minimum number of participants of guided group tours (8 people) and bike & boat tours (15 people or as listed in the offers) is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the journey up to 25 days before the planned travel date. In this event you shall be notified without delay and will be refunded any amounts already paid to us. You shall not be entitled to any compensation beyond this.
1. Remedies: If the travel service cannot be performed as specified in the agreement, the Customer can demand redress. What is contractually specified shall be based on the one hand on the description of service and on the other on what is customary in the destination country. EUROBIKE can refuse a remedy if it requires disproportional costs and efforts but shall also be entitled to provide a remedy in the form of services of equal or greater value. Substitute services can only be refused by the Customer for a significant, objectively identifiable reason. The demand for a remedy shall be communicated directly to us or to the guide. The guide shall have no authority to recognise claims.
2. Travel Price Reduction: The Customer may, after returning from the journey, request a reasonable reduction in the price of travel (discount) for the duration of the contractually non-contractually compliant portion of the journey until a remedy is provided by EUROBIKE. The reduction shall not apply if and to the extent that the traveller, through his or her fault, fails to communicate the deficiency to the parties listed in Item VI (1) in a timely manner so as to enable them to provide a remedy.
3. Any claims must be lodged with us no later than one month after the contractually scheduled end of travel.
VII. Cooperation Obligation
1. If the traveller does not receive the travel documents in a timely manner, he or she must inform EUROBIKE without delay.
2. The traveller is required, in the event of any issues disrupting the provision of the services as described in the agreement, to take all reasonable steps to contribute to remedying the disruption any to minimise or avoid any damage. The Customer is, in particular, required to lodge his or her complaints without delay to the parties named in VI (1). These parties shall be in charge of providing a remedy if such is possible. If the Customer fails, through his or her fault, to communicate a deficiency, than he or she shall have no claim to a reduction in price.
1. The Customer shall be responsible for complying with all passport, visa, customs and health regulations.
2. We must reserve the right to make changes to prices and services and to correct any mistakes and typographical errors.
3. The invalidity of individual provisions in the travel agreement shall not invalidate the rest of the agreement.
IX. Legal domicile/applicable law
1. The agreement is governed by Austrian Law.
2. The Customer may only bring legal action against EUROBIKE at its registered place of business.
3. The Customer's place of residence shall be authoritative for actions by the travel against the customer unless the action is directed against general merchants or persons without a general place of jurisdiction in Austria. In this case, the registered office of the tour operator shall be authoritative.
For all journeys designated as original tours, a member of the EUROFUN-group (Eurobike, Eurotrek, Rückenwind, SE-Tours, Espace Randonnée, Radreisefreunde) is the operator. For all other tours, EUROBIKE – EUROFUN TOURISTIK is the travel booking agent.
Subject to changes to the offering and mistakes, typographical errors and calculation errors.
Insurance of customer funds
Pursuant to the Travel Agency Guarantee Decree [Reisebürosicherungsverordnung (RSV)] for all-inclusive journeys offered by EUROBIKE - EUROFUN TOURISTIK GMBH (registration number 1999/0035 in the Directory of Tour Operators of the Federal Ministry of Economics, Family and Youth, customer funds are secured subject to the following conditions: any payments exceeding those indicated in Item II or previously paid down payments and payments of balances owing may not be demanded nor are they secured.
The guarantor or insurer is Volksbank Braunau, 5280 Braunau (bank guarantee no. 5746). Filing of any claims must be done with the liquidator (Europäische Reiseversicherung AG, Kratochwjlestestraße 4, 1220 Vienna, Tel. no. +43(1) 317 25 00, Fax. no. +43(1) 319 93 67) within 8 weeks insolvency being declared.
Applications for refunds must be submitted, duly documented within 8 weeks of the claim arising. You shall receive a corresponding insurance certificate along with your booking confirmation.